View Single Post
Old 06-2-2017, 01:07 AM   #18
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXXI I Got Nothin' Game Thread

Alright, I see that there's not much to go on about in this setup that haven't been said in the first post.
I'm going to explain about player ratio in this game for a bit just to give the others something to talk about.

Player ratio in this game is 7:2 which is 7 Towns (5 Vanilla Towns + 2 Power Roles) vs 2 Wolves.

This is an example of potential scenarios with how the game can evolve in a world where everything goes wrong.

-----------------
Standard Play (Scenario A) (What normally happens in the majority of the TWG games)

7:2 (Day 1) (Assuming majority vote a Town player D0 (Mislynch) + Night Kill by Wolves which is forced with random.org even if they do nothing)
5:2 (Day 2) (Mislynch + Night Kill)
3:2 (Day 3) (Mislynch + Night Kill)
1:2 (Day 4) (Game's End)
---
3 chances for 3 days.

Conclusion:

We have 3 chances to find both wolves as town by voting them with a majority vote every phase.

-----------------
Example of Bad Play (Scenario B) (You lose 1 chance to find a wolf if you "No Lynch" only one phase in this game)

7:2 (Day 1) (No Lynch + Night Kill)
6:2 (Day 2) (Mislynch + Night Kill)
4:2 (Day 3) (Mislynch + Night kill)
2:2 (Day 4) (Game's End)
---
2 chances for 3 days.

Conclusion:

If we "No Lynch" one phase, we only have 2 chances to find both wolves. This is a bad play because no time was gained and an opportunity was missed.

-----------------
Alternative Scenario that Maximize Time (Scenario C):

7:2 (Day 1) (No Lynch + Night Kill)
6:2 (Day 2) (No Lynch + Night Kill)
5:2 (Day 3) (Mislynch + Night Kill)
3:2 (Day 4) (Mislynch + Night Kill)
1:2 (Day 5) (Game's End)
---
2 chances for 4 days.

Conclusion:

This is better than Scenario B because you recover one day for solving the game even if you only have 2 chances as well. It doesn't matter when you Mislynch/No Lynch either, but this is more likely to happen on the first and second phase. I think it's a little pessimistic to "No Lynch" 2 phases, but if we "No Lynch" once, we may as well do it twice for more information. I'm assuming Scenario A is what's going to happen this game because 3 chances > more time with this setup because we have 48 hours a phase and that's quite a lot depending on how active we are.

Too Long; Didn't Read(tl;dr): If you want to "No Lynch" one phase, you may as well "No Lynch" a 2nd phase because you gain time and you lose 1 player for gaining 2 potential night actions that can solve a wolf instantly. Losing a player makes us gain information by simplifying the game, but it's still not good. I consider Scenario C a backup strategy if time becomes more valuable than chance, but that's unlikely.

---

Advice:

I'm mentioning all of this because half of the players in this game are new and we cannot "meta" read them currently because this is the first time we play together on forums. This means that most of the reading this game will have to do with actions(what we're trying to do) and intentions(why we're doing it) behind how we're posting except for the other half of the players who can sort of read each others based on experience(meta).

I'm expecting players to vote one player each phase and try to go from that for solving the rest. Just keep in mind that this is a team game and that we're going to be stuck in a situation where we need to evaluate each others and decide if the other person is trying to achieve the same goal as we are. We're eventually going to be conflicted and realize that there's no real way to confirm if what the others are saying is true or false. Just keep asking yourself why a certain person is posting the way they are and you'll be able to slowly get somewhere.

If you can't find wolves, try to find players that you strongly believe are the same side as you and share about it. This is called "making a town circle" and it's a good alternative way to solve this game. Process of elimination should eventually lead to wolves if you evaluated correctly.

I should be fairly online during this game. I'll try to answer as many things as possible.

As for reading Sanzath/Hateandhatred/xXOpkillerXx and Rapta..

vv This currently applies to me vv
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote