View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 08:10 PM   #480
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Read My Reviews

Day 342: Finest Hour by Submotion Orchestra (Album Choice: WSCB)

This is not an orchestra. This is not dubstep. This is trip-hop. 7 members does not an orchestra make, Godspeed You! Black Emperor be god damned (and I'm sure I'm making a mistake or two somewhere in this sentence, somewhere).

I really don't understand why people these days feel like their albums need to be 60 minutes or longer. Especially with a genre as often repetitive as trip-hop, and your jazzy instrumentation does not make you all that unique.

I'm being an asshole, this isn't bad music at all, in fact it's quite hypnotic with its tasteful instrumentation, deep throbbing bass and sexy vocals. The problem is that they seem so keen on creating a dark psychedelic atmosphere that they pretty much let every song meld into one, and I'm not talking about gapless playback (which is not part of this album). Exceptions do exist in the title track and a couple of others to an extent but not really.

Nothing here is bad, nothing stands out, this is one hell of a slow burn but in the end it's all the same to me anyways. Man I fucking hate college homework.

Best Track: All Yours
Rating: 5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote