View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 09:00 AM   #106
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dump Batch Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WirryWoo View Post
The way I view dumps (which I’m not completely against, Rainshower is actually a well crafted dump file) is similar to the idea of going to a buffet and eating all options possible because they’re there. Would you enjoy the buffet experience? It depends on how much the song offers. Rainshower offers a small selection of options in the buffet so eating everything is tolerable in this case.

The point I’m raising is from the perspective of the song artist who we’ve all gone out to seek for permissions to use their work and not related to how FFR should remain outdated in the charting meta to cater to the older crowd. If a buffet potentially have many food options, is it intended for the chefs to go serve everything in their inventory to the hungry customers? They can if they want but in most buffets, that’s not the main goal. Similarly, in most cases, it’s not the main intention for the song artist to create content for FFR that calls for dump files. There are definitely exceptions to this rule (songs that are chaotic in nature like RATO) which would be fine stepped as dumps because it is T11’s intention to create that sort of chaotic content (which can be easily gauged from the music).

I only see Legacy files as outdated files which didn’t have exposure to new stepping capabilities like ArrowVortex and DDReam. If I recall correctly, these files are manually created by inserting steps in Notepad? Now that we have more advanced charting mediums, accomplishing creating improved content compared to older times is much more straightforward. I am not opposed to removing older files (or any files that are deemed low quality) that don’t fit current standards of stepping and having it be fun to play, but I think that’s one controversial opinion I will continue to hold and will always receive push back when I actively make that heard lmfao.
I like the last paragraph here, and would totally vote to have one of my files there 'cause somehow the sync was off by a 64th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I actually think the comparison between dumps and how we currently handle Legacy files is a great one. Files with arrows that don't follow the music can just go in a different category. They can still be there to be enjoyed by anyone who wants to play them, but make it clear they are in a set separate from the synced files. That's really all I've wanted from the start of all this.
Put some of the current files in FFR that are dumpy into the separate category too, for example I would definitely support moving my Caffeine and Call me it. (500 Tortures) files to a dump category.
I just want a clarification (i've only had time to read two of your posts sorry if I missed it) but by putting them into a different catagory how would you approach ranking them in level ranks?
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote