View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 06:18 PM   #27
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FC Stat bar - New Implementation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
I can guarantee you that I will still mash each and every section I can on the harder files to squeeze into a semi-arbitrary relative % of boos requirement while keeping 0 miss.

That being said, you could still get a low enough boo count, get a single miss, and not earn the FC. So from a completionist mindset, where a player doesn't want to focus on skill rating at any given time, they'd Still be incentivized to mash the harder sections of the charts they can almost do well enough on, just to grab these few more FC points.

For these reasons, I feel like the arguments presented so far for a "relative % boos FC" are weak, and that a "AA" equivalent metric would suit the premise much better as some kind of "you did good enough" metric.
There's a big difference between mashing through a small portion of a chart that may be overwhelming while playing the rest legitimately vs hitting the same inputs for every chart regardless of what's on the screen.

I'm in the camp that finds this statistic pointless to track if the latter is something players will end up doing. That's the extent of what I'm willing to argue about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 08-15-2021 at 06:19 PM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote