View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 01:29 PM   #400
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 300: None Shall Pass by Aesop Rock (Album Choice: FoJaR)

Shit, it's the 300th album? Completely forgot. Took long enough.

My knowledge of this guy is limited to the fact that he is the most verbose rapper out there, he's white (and I usually hate Caucasian rap) and he's universally considered better than A$AP Rocky by a very wide margin. I always used to confuse the two.

Like one minute in, and I'm already impressed by this guy's skills. For reference of my standards, I think MF DOOM is the GOAT and I thought Rap God was one of the corniest, most cringeworthy tracks ever releases. Horrible. This guy isn't as fast as Eminem but obviously speed isn't everything. This guy has everything, smooth flow, great wordplay, and he usually avoids being corny. Color me impressed.

The beats are pretty average. Funky, but nothing that makes me go wow HOLY FUCK IT'S MY MANCRUSH JOHN DARNIELLE. Off of that point, yeah beats are not good not bad. Also this album should be trimmed by at least 3 tracks.

Overall, I give this a thumbs up, and considering my admittedly irrational disdain for white pe- I mean rappers, that's not an easy approval to give.

Best Track: None Shall Pass
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote