View Single Post
Old 08-6-2018, 12:34 PM   #707
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

Day 467: Automata II by Between The Buried And Me (Album Choice: yo man im awesome & Deadlyx39)

Well, I said I'd review at least one request... wait I didn't specify any number lol. But yeah, let's do this. Glad for the double request. Despite not having listened to a single album of theirs, I've seen this band live before, back during senior year of high school, but they didn't play White Walls which made me sad, and disappointed the rest of the crowd too. Enslaved put on the better show, not to diss this band's live performance. They were second best.

Also, I'm not doing a side-by-side review with Automata I because I don't feel like it. I'll review that album at some point. Maybe.

This shit is generally a LOT less heavy and a LOT more avant-garde than what I heard at the show. Glide reminds me a whole fuckin lot of Mr. Bungle except proggier and that's a good thing (although Mike Patton seems like a douchenozzle) besides the proggier part. And Voice Of Transpass sounds like that circus metal band as well! You can tell I'm trying to not have to bold for my self-diagnosed not OCD. I need to go to an ADD doctor. And a free STD testing place.

The genre shifts are, naturally, a mixed bag. The growling parts and more somber ending of The Proverbial Bellow were fucking fantastic, but what the fuck was that country twang bullshit? The aforementioned Voice is much better at the genre blender, seamlessly combining faux-church music, surf rock, and prog whatever. Hey, did y'all ever know that a kid from my high school and college was a contestant on the show The Voice? And he has the same first name as me? Well, now you know even if you didn't care.

I don't know if I'd enjoy seeing this incarnation of the band li- ah who am I kidding this would be interesting as fuck. Good album.

Best Track: The Grid (I deliberately didn't talk at all about this track for the writing dissonance hahaha fuck you)
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote