View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 02:18 PM   #19
SubaruPoptart
da kyo~
Number Judger
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Wiki StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SubaruPoptart
Default Re: Who all is going to delete their youtube channel come Jan 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Some things I think people are missing

1 - this isn't just a Youtube thing it's any site based in the US. Youtube is just the example because they where breaking COPPA harcore running targeted ads on videos clearly meant for 5 year olds.

2 - They are judging a book by it's cover; it's if the video is enticing to kids/would want to make them click. You swearing halfway through/saying it's for an adult/boarding a plane with your butt doesn't factor into it. Because animation and cartoons are named as for children this could be a fucking huge issue for art channels, anime communities, etc. Also do videogame characters count as cartoons? I mean look at my sig there's Crash Bandicoot down there is he a cartoon that entices kids to click?

3 - If you mark your video targeted at kids Youtube basically fucks you. They can't run targeted ads or collect any data on it so instead it becomes unsearchable and doesn't get recommend
So anyone who was legit making content suitable for kids, or anyone thinking they could just mark it as for kids and not worry about it just gets fucked.

Which is really goddamn funny because when you make laws forcing actual children content to not exist because no one can make a living, you get an entire internet of edgy, trying to mature this up so COPPA won't sue me videos and an entire generation of 13 year olds still on the internet still watching shit on their parents account so fuck me, if you actually had a legitimate fear of kids watching something not age appropriate this shots the problem in the face.

---

For me, it's how loose the definition of "video games" is and the thumbnails, but the chances are the FTC has no where near the manpower to nail a channel as small as any of us. Our biggest problem is that nobody can make a living with content too mature because demonetization, and no one can make a living with content a kid might be tempted to watch, so then people just don't fucking make a living on Youtube and the whole site just stops being what it's being. There's a lot of implications and consequences if that happens, but probably not worth writing out here and now.
Ye I was tryna get some of those across but I missed #1 there. I knew it was an FTC thing but people focusin on YouTube made me think FTC was crackin down on YT only.

That last paragraph there though perfectly encapsulates what I was tryna get at in the sense of like "punishing child-friendly content and also punishing mature content. I don't really understand the point of hiding content like that, Unless they're gonna incorporate some sort of YouTube Kids crap into it, like videos marked for kids will be more visible on there, while the "rest of the videos" or more "mature" videos will be on regular old YouTube. I'm bad at retaining information and let alone relaying it so if I missed somethin else or if anyone else does it'd be good to know so we all know what's goin down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamerai View Post
damnit subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
if cocoa flips town, n2 vig should shoot zenith obv
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Okay, I'm 7 pages deep and this is a shitfest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
wolf gurls exist awooo owo ¿furries? owo awoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
My beak is bigger than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Oh God it's Subaru
Quote: