View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 06:29 PM   #1
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default RevAmped Introduction Thread

Hello tippers and tappers all!

I'd like to introduce a project that has been on my mind and on others for a couple years now.
This project, tentatively dubbed 'RevAmped', is aimed at bringing a modernized dose of nostalgia and opening up more possibilities to the VSRG community.
Firstly, let me preface by saying this is not FFR2: The Sequel v2.2 {2econd Coming Remix}.
Our goal is to aim for a middle spot between FFR's strictness and Etterna's freedom; to provide a good structure to the game's goals, but still allow a fair amount of customization.

{The site} - Spearheading the project as Lead Stepman is FFR's very own Opkiller. Op is currently pouring his time into brushing up on modern coding, and has already started the front page and login mechanics.
Our goal is to have an easy to use, interactive, and customizeable website tailored towards the current VSRG meta.
We want to provide current rhythm news, upgraded leaderboards, tournament systems and settings that allow anyone to run them with ease, as well as other options by a collective think-tank of grizzled veterans to the scene.
Both Op and myself are currently funding this out of our own pockets, and want a level of polish that supercedes past limitations.
This brings me to the game developing area of the project.

{The game} - With Flash dying and technology readily available to replace it, now is the perfect time for a rinse of hinderance past.
we have someone in sight who's very motivated, and will be waiting for the basics to be done before looking to expand the dev team on both the website and engine.

Some basic goals include, but are not limited to:
Stable sim conversion, customizeable game elements (like noteskins, but applied to judgement text, receptor flashing, AVATARS!!!, etc.), stable FPS support, resolution and graphics options, and many more.

Probably the biggest change you will notice will be our stance on music permissions.
While I highly respect the dedication and candor shown to budding and professional artists, we have been partially left in the dust as a result.
Notifying artists when available will be the only requirement for submitting and creating charts for this engine.
In various other community-run rhythm games, most artists only see that their music is in game after the fact.
Even then, by that time the song has become so popular as to pop up on their radar that it is viewed as free advertising.
Should we receive any legal demands to remove songs, however, they will be swiftly heeded.

So dust off those songs you were disheartened to upload because of small stipulations and get ready for a swath of new content.

{The community} - We all know the VSRG community can be a little......clickey (excuse the pun).
In order to mitigate that, we want to create events and incentives that bring us closer.
Got a rival you want to show up? Set a user as such and see real-time stat comparisons on your profile
Have an idea for a tournament/contest but don't want to deal with the downfalls of the honor system? Create tournament settings that are connected to all users that joined in Tournament Mode.
Want to code an interactive page for a community game? Run it by us, and if we've got the resources we'll make it happen.
Got a design or idea for some merch? If it's awesome we'll put it in rotation for our store (which will have all profits going to the game and website)
These are just a few of the ideas we've come up with in the last couple months, with many more to come as you give your input for the VSRG you want to see.

I will say before I end this un/official announcement, that I'm no computer wiz and some of these may not be possible.
I do wish to provide everyone with as much as I can, so the more the word gets out the better our chances of seeing features like this becoming a reality.

Hit us up on our discord https://discord.gg/FMn8R9c and let's get RevAmped!

Last edited by qrrbrbirbel; 03-30-2020 at 08:57 AM..
qrrbrbirbel is offline   Reply With Quote