Thread: Issues at home.
View Single Post
Old 04-6-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
fido123
FFR Player

Default Re: Issues at home.

Not to minimize your problems at all, but around the ages of 16 until you move out there's often struggle with parents with such things. I want to peruse a homosexual relationship but it's simply not possible while I live at home, and I've had secret boyfriends and bullshitted about my location but they've never gone as far to show up and check on me. For 1,2, and 4, this is really the only advice I can give. Your situation seems a bit more tricky having religious parents and all I can say to that is this is why I hate organized religions. Forces irrational stupid behaviour on people.

For 3, it's difficult for most people to find out what they want to do for the rest of their lives. I was lucky always being a computer nerd, so I went into computers. Don't go to College/Uni wondering what course interests you the most, and don't go to College/Uni until you know what you want to do in life. Maybe you don't require going to College/Uni at all in life if you're more cut out for skilled trades. Also don't buy into this education snobbery. In Canada College = Applied and University = Academic. I had marks to get into Uni which is regarded as "higher" education than College but taking into consideration what I want to do and the money I have to work with College was a far better option for me. Find out what general area interests you in terms of finding a job, don't just take sociology because it interests you if you have no idea what the job demand is for sociologists. In the end, you need to do something that will produce money to support your lifestyle whether that includes a family or not. Maybe take a year off after high school to find this out for yourself, it probably will, but be proactive about it and actually look.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote