Old 08-15-2020, 06:58 PM   #62
Walrusizer
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Walrusizer
Default Re: WAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledwix View Post
Please cite where I gave an example of a "sexist power structure." All I did was state facts about people's chosen behavior.
That "chosen behavior" is what I am referring to, just like how society "chose" to be racist in the 1800s. If you semantically don't want to consider this to be a 'power structure', fine, I guess, but the effects are the same.

Quote:
So the reason people make decisions is because of their environment. Okay. But what else? You're painting individuals into a viciously powerless corner, in which case, individuals basically don't exist in any meaningful way.
Yeah, people are very largely products of their environments, and I don't mind acknowledging this fact even if it makes you feel bad. Exceptions obviously exist, but they're called exceptions for a reason. I'm not sure if you're trying to hint at genetic factors, but I'll assume not for now because responding will take effort and envioronmental factors obviously very significant regardless.

Quote:
Following that reasoning, there is nothing BUT the environment, in which case, there ought to be no grievances about "sexist power structures," since we are all one harmonious cycle of energies within nature.
Truly a brilliant revelation! If slavery is a product of environmental factors, there ought to be no grievances about it since we are all one harmonious cycle of energies within nature!

This almost reads like something one of the street preachers I sometimes walk by would use as an argument against atheism. I actually don't even really know what your point is unless you're hinting at some wierd ass religious/spiritual or fancy free will shenanigans.

Quote:
Isn't an individual him or herself part of someone else's environment? And that share of someone else's environment, in itself, carries an incremental weight in their decision-making process. Thus everyone literally has a slight bit of power over everyone else. It's a matter of whether one chooses to opt in or out; cooperate or defect. Why squander such power just to win an argument about how hopeless and powerless one is? If you're like to rise above, then rise above.
Okay, then let's just tell everybody to stop being sexist and that will solve everything. Join me in the good fight, fellow feminist!