View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #51
Dronak
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dronak Send a message via Yahoo to Dronak
Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

I know my average rank has been slipping. It was under 2000 before, but not any longer. It's a little hard sometimes to keep playing regularly and make enough improvements on songs to get a better average rank. I suspect I'm reaching my limit of what I can do at my age (older than many people on here, I think) and hand-eye coordination abilities, even with the help of speed mods and the av-miss fix. Also, as more songs get added, especially harder ones, my rank tends to get pulled down simply because of that -- about the same scores with more songs = worse average. I'm still on the list though, so that's nice. I'm not doing that bad for a one-hand player.

As far as the tier points go, I stink. I counted up only 17 points, *far* from getting a placement in the tiers. A few requirements are still hard for me to judge, like combo all rolls/trills/etc. type additions to combo requirements. I'm not sure how to determine those, especially since I have to pay attention to just playing the songs and trying to do well on them, which is very difficult for the harder songs (i.e., most of the ones on this list, apparently). I did notice that I was close to the 1-point combo needed on a bunch of songs, but that doesn't earn me any points. Perhaps I'll pick up some more on those in the future, but I don't see myself getting a tier ranking any time soon.

In any event, it's nice to see these rankings and tiers for one-hand players. I think most people end up playing two-handed, which seems to be commonly accepted as better than one-handed, so it's nice to have some comparison with only people who play the same way I do, especially since I generally can't compare to the best two-handed players in the game. Thanks for the update. Maybe I'll try for some of the tokens here when I have time, if I think I can do any of them.

Essentially retired now, but still ranked on the list of FFR's Top One Handers.
One-Hander Skill Tokens unlocked: The V2 Token, The Patience Token, X_X1MissX_X, AAA v5, T.H.E.G.A.M.E.T.O.K.E.N
Pseudo Skill Tokens unlocked: Numbers 21, 44, 33, 57, 26, 24, 47, 95
Dronak is offline   Reply With Quote