psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: What's happening in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
The problem is that giving the site to anyone isn't going to solve anything on a significant scale. The access that is needed is out there. In my eyes there are a few problems.

1) The site grew immensely from somewhere around 2005 until 2008. It grew so much that when the commercial aspect went away, everyone was left with a tremendous amount of custom code and a very large site in general. This meant that any sort of management required a large team. As we know, large volunteer teams are notoriously difficult to organize.

2) I know Zageron has lead the charge with others for years to head this site up. He knows first hand the tremendous effort involved. Believe me, many of you will never fully realize the amount of time and effort he put behind his tenure here. The stress level is monumental. But like any of us, he has to balance life + his volunteer efforts here. This is not his fault, it's the reality of the situation. Undeniably, this scenario means it makes for difficult forward momentum.

4) Me.. This is going to sound conceited but I am very aware of the general marketing and brand recognition needed to make a product succeed. I have not been part of that for some time now and have been busy building my career and caring for my family. Hate me or not, that stuff always needs be a priority in my life. I dumped my soul into this site and game between 2001 and 2008 and risked everything I had, even my house. There were always groups that were critical of when it was small and then being a "sellout" when I made the staff lots of money. Eventually I chose to save my family and move into a career. If you think you wouldn't do the same thing, you wouldn't be telling the truth.

5) If someone were to "take the site" what would you do with it that cannot be done right now? How would you change things? How would you accomplish those goals and will people respond to those goals? Have you done it before? Who would lead?

Yes, I have been available for serious emergencies and I pay hundreds of dollars each month to keep the server online. Beyond that, aloof is a good description of my involvement. I have gone through a major job change in the past year and moved into a COO position. I have been incredibly busy acclimating to the new position. People can be upset with me and I completely get it. I don't blame them. Of course, this comes back around to what would anyone else reading this do? Would they be willing to commit themselves to serious change around here? Especially considering we operate on a volunteer basis.

Throw questions my way if you like, I would be happy to answer any and all questions you guys might have. I am an open book!

Cheers,

Synthlight

But there are people who have offered to put extra time in to do various things to help out but the people at the top of the chain have this refusal to allow other people have some of the power it seems. I'm a stay at home mom, I offered a million times to head up various things and always got rejected.

Of course I don't mean to be offending anyone, a lot of people have volunteered a lot of time into the site and that's always super appreciated. I've pulled plenty of all nighters trying to get events together and such. But when people at the top of the chain are getting busy and there's no on there to help keep things rolling, everything falls apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 08-22-2015 at 07:09 PM..