View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #40
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: What are your thoughts on EBT/Food stamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma View Post
but I have always had this thought that if my mom was just forced into shit she would've been able to provide for her family better.
Or, she might have been unable to find a job and unable to provide for her children. If she had even tried to get a job, with no skills, no experience and a disability that would've been very difficult. Would you have rather starved? Because being "pushed face first into the harsh reality of unemployment" potentially means no food, no shelter, certainly no internet connection and FFR. Without government aid or a job, providing for children? Do you honestly think that this would be a good idea?

There is this mentality that if someone simply works hard, then they can do whatever they want. This is simply not true. I got into university because I was born into a white middle class family in Canada and going to university was what was expected of me, so I maintained my grades with minimal effort and got in. I got my first part-time job (after several months of spraying out resumes) simply because my mum was a friend of the manager. Sometimes the amount of effort put in doesn't make a difference; sometimes people are simply dealt a bad hand in life and they need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote