View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 08:54 PM   #173
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
I'll preface by saying I don't really care about the tournament itself, but feel compelled to address something after having spent a good chunk of time on this site.

Looking at the current staff roster, it's clear that only 10% of those users (if even that large of a percentage) have contributed something meaningful in relation to their staff role in the past months (maybe even past year or two..) It's quite clear that FFR has just sort of 'existed' for a while now, with meaningful updates outside of monthly song releases practically non-existent, and there seems to be no visible intention to get the ball rolling on any other fronts.

I mean I get it, we have lives. We're older than we used to be and now need to delegate more time to more important things that were non-issues years ago. Real life stuff can get pretty shitty which results in a lack of motivation to put in any time towards something that's ultimately far less important, like FFR. But the numerous self-imposed deadlines that inevitably end up blatantly ignored time and time again are a little more than irritating at this point. I honestly don't know if anyone qualified to run an official tournament even wants to do it at this point in the site's life. If the tournament comes to fruition anytime soon, it'll be less of a labor of love for the hosts and just much more stress for delivering what was promised very long ago. But for the users that are actually anticipating any sort of movement here, please stop instilling false hope.

Years ago when I no longer felt the motivation to contribute meaningfully to the site, I pretty quickly msg'd Max to relinquish my privileges and titles. It sucked after having invested so much time here, but I felt like I could be replaced by someone more active and more motivated. Yet simultaneously I see multiple users with high staffing roles that haven't logged into their accounts in weeks or months. It's heartbreaking.

I'm not sure what kind of game management/simfile judgment/events staff team could be reconstructed out of the current active userbase, but imo it's clear the current structure isn't working. I think the administrative team (or what's left of it) needs to put aside some time to tackle this issue. For those that have continued putting in work consistently however infrequent, it's vastly underappreciated, but thank you. For those that are burned out for one reason or another, it might be time to pass the torch, but we still love you guys.
That ranks pretty high among messages I've seen on this website.