View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #29
lurkerasdf
FFR Player

Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
the fundamentals of playing LoL lies primarily in 1) Play in so many games so you can level up to 30, 2) Get the right item for you hero, 3) Don't get hit by the tower and 4) It's a free game but you're going to have to spend money anyway if you want to play any of the fun heroes.
1) is true; everybody who plays lol is horrible except for people who have regular teams in ranked 5v5
2), based on how killing your own creeps+losing money when you die = needing to find some way around getting items in dota/hon, is true
3)... yeah pretty much rofl, the idea of a "tank" in lol is basically "champ that can be built to ignore tower damage"
4) however is wrong
you do not need to spend real money on anything in the game except for skins or certain bundles, but usually the skins just introduce some gimmicky theme (hippie zilean! tango evelynn! GENTLEMAN CHO'GATH!) so you can just ignore them, and everything in the bundles (minus the skins) can be purchased using game points
ultimately success in lol is based around how the teams' champions line up, and the strategy is basically "you kill them, don't let them kill you"

Quote:
items and shops are neatly organized (and there's a nifty "Recommended items" area for the new players)
this is exactly the same in lol wtf

anyway, i would love to try dota at some point, just cuz
it'd be hard as **** to remove the lol goggles but i'd try to look at the game as objectively as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Hooker View Post
I got bored after an hour.

Because that was how long the first game I played had gone on for and we had barely made it into enemy territory. Zzz.
you're 15 so i'm assuming you didn't even try

Last edited by lurkerasdf; 10-11-2010 at 08:25 PM..