View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 02:39 PM   #5
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: insomnia :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjixcon View Post
when it comes to doctors i'm a little unsure of how to even go about it without health insurance. like do you just walk in and ask for tests to be done on you? even if u cant pay for it? i might have to find a special clinic or something.
It depends. I'm in Canada.

Where I live, general hospitals are free, but with a really long wait time (3 months to 1 year).
Clinics costs money, but you can get checked much faster. (You can directly go and wait in line or take an appointment and go at a specific time. (still faster than hospital))

You may have to pay a part or the full price for a prescription if you have no health insurance depending if you consulted the doctor first. (usually full price if you went there first somehow, but lower if you consulted a doctor and got a paper)

Doing a test like the EEG scan was free in my case. (I had to go there for different reasons)
Obviously, clinics most likely don't have the machine for EEG scan so, you will probably get refered to the general hospital anyway, but you're going to skip the wait for the first appointment. (still worth it)

No idea for US unfortunately.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 02-25-2018 at 02:41 PM..
Hakulyte is online now   Reply With Quote