Old 08-1-2016, 01:36 PM   #14
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to drizzleRomanceGirl
Default Re: Magicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
This looks like it could perhaps be an interesting game. Just a few suggestions.

1) As people submit, keep track of which files count towards which elements (so that in the future, there is no second guessing if something has or hasn't counted before).

2) Keep track of which elements are strong against others (i.e. make a chart of some sort). As new elements are discovered, add them to the chart.

3) The rules don't make it clear if one can play a song more than once to obtain multiple levels within a given element.

4) How do challenges work? If person A challenges person B with element X then it seems that person B can respond to that challenge by accepting the challenge with an element Y that is strong against X. In other words, it seems like there is little incentive to creating challenges and a lot of incentive to accept them; I'm not sure if this is what you are going for. One way to fix this would be to make it so that both challengers independently choose their elements secretly (i.e. doing this via a pm to you).

5) This rule

has a few issues.

-The first is that it seems that it'll be difficult for people to gain levels for people that start to play much later down the road (i.e. if everyone else is level 1000 in every element and you can't find anymore at your level to beat, preventing you from gaining levels).

-The second is that it seems that there isn't a cap on how high one's level can be. If that's the case, someone that is over level 100 in a given element will automatically win on their first turn since they'll have over a 100% chance of winning.

-The third is that it seems like this system could be easily abused by two or more people colluding with one another and repeatedly challenging one another and working together to pick elements in such a way that it'll increase both of their levels.

6) I don't see why Leadfoot doesn't count? The term means that someone has a heavy foot (as if it was made out of the element lead) thus causing them to have a tendency to drive fast.
thank you very much for the advice; i appreciate it

1. i'd rather say which songs have which elements every time i see it; i don't think i'll say the same song has different elements later because each song related to elements either has synonyms for the element, the actual name of the element, or the concept of the song relates to the element

2. i'll probably do that later

3. you can only play each song once; it doesn't count if you try to play the same song again

4. i think it makes it more fun to challenge other people because the person who challenges has a lot more risk than the person he or she is challenging, so it makes it more risky to challenge anyone

5. a) in most level games it is a lot more difficult to catch up with people who have been playing for a lot longer though; there's also a small chance the low-level person will win and be a higher level than the other person

b) actually maybe the max level should be 75 then

c) you can do this in martial arts in person though; two people can train against each other a lot and get a lot more experience

6. it doesn't specifically mean lead though, it just compares it to lead; i don't think that should count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
Would "Cold Breath" count as an ice song?
yep

also if two players who challenge each other both end up winning during the same turn, then it ends in a draw and neither player gains any levels

the lightning element doesn't have enough songs for it, so from now on it'll be known as the electricity element

the wind element would have more songs if it's the air element

my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosua View Post
Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
can y'all take a break and kiss
(the first section of this chapter)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja

Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 08-1-2016 at 03:31 PM..
drizzleRomanceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote