View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 11:58 PM   #2
justaguy
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to justaguy
Default Re: tl;dr? health/weight loss help?

i can speak to being medicated for depression and anxiety several times (and a lot of drug and alcohol abuse). when you have zero momentum the most difficult thing is to make even one small change, so i get where you're at. you will have to force yourself to do a few things that are uncomfortable before it's ultimately rewarding. exercise helps my mood substantially, i'm pretty addicted to it at this point though it definitely took a little time. an important factor in hunger and eating is how often you're on your feet, truthfully if you're walking around more and are generally more active you'll find yourself less hungry and with a little less time to eat (because ya moving around duh). when i'm left to my devices and i'm behind my desk without moving all day (many a day) i'll eat more and i'll eat out of boredom. that being said, after i exercise i'll feel like the food i eat is well earned and i don't feel stressed about it negatively impacting my body (provided it's not a dumptruck of golden arches)

try to gradually implement changes, too many changes at once can be stressful as i'm sure you're aware. i'd have plenty of weeks where i'd be good for a few days in a row and then completely ruin myself for several days and feel like i lost all my progress. try to remember it's an iterative process and what's important is continuing to make the effort.

U Can Do It