View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 01:26 PM   #101
tosh
O Derby, Where Art Thou?
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Transgender AMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24
What type of bathing suit do you currently use?

-o24
I avoid swimming like the plague. Used to have a one piece, but lost it during my move. Will likely get a better fitting one piece at some point with a frilly skirt thing attached to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
How do you feel trying to change your pitch to sound more female? Is it possible to have a natural flowing female voice?
idk about drizzle, but for me it's natural at this point and any attempt of me trying to imitate a male voice sounds fake. Only times I ever get misgendered with my voice is if I'm on the phone with a cold. Other than that, my daily work interactions lead me to believe it is possible to have a natural flowing female voice. However, I personally have issues in regards to singing and yelling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
The male shape is more squareish, and female more curvy naturally; do you find yourself to have either more of a male or female shape now, did it take surgeries, and does it take convincing yourself that you look the way you want now, or are working towards the desired frame? (this also includes facial features, like a strong jaw bone, or browlines etc.)
I have always been thin, so I wouldn't say I have a curvy shape. However, the hormone replacement therapy makes it so that additional fat is stored in traditionally female areas (such as hips, thighs, butt, cheeks, etc). I personally am thinking of having minor facial surgery in the future, but I haven't committed to it. If I do, it would be for my own self confidence and not because I have issues physically passing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Even with gender reassignment surgery, do you fear that your genitals may not look cosmetically pleasing, extended also to boobs?
Even if reassignment surgery doesn't make my genitalia cosmetically pleasing, I would still consider it an improvement over what I currently have. As far as boobs go, I have resigned myself to be an eternal member of the itty bitty titty committee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Related to orgasms, I assume females have more nerves, or can experience more orgasms than men, is this the case for you? Has the transition heigtened, lowered, or remained the same to your susceptibility in this regard?
I personally have stronger orgasms than before (and sometimes multiple), but my libido/sex drive plummets while on HRT. A part of me is considering asking my endocrinologist about the possibility of adding progesterone to my HRT regime to get some of that back, but I'm still a bit undecided.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
The decision to have gender reassignment done is probably tough even if you are positive you want to transition, have you decided to go through with it? If not, is it important to eventually have it done?
I personally am 100% sure I'll have it in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Has your ability to reproduce also transitioned to that of a female? If not does that bother you personally? If so, or if you know someone who is bothered that they can't, what are some opinions there?
Do you have periods?
Modern science is not yet at that point, but there is small progress being made in that regard. Still many, many years off though (if it's actually possible at all). By extension, I do not have periods. I am personally completely okay with this seeing as I have no intention of having children, but this can be a major source of dysphoria for some people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Do you fear that after sinking in lots of time and effort, changing social status, changing your body, changing your mind, and changing your internal hormones among probably other things, that you might change your mind at some point, and want back what you had before?
I had these concerns at the start of my transition, but I'm far enough now that I really can't imagine de-transitioning. The thought of it is very foreign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Are there any other personal physical hurdles I haven't addressed that you can or would like to share?
Sorry I didn't run hurdles in high school track. jk I wish I was like 6 inches shorter, but there isn't anything I can do about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Do you pass as female for yourself? Others is cool, but this is important.
For the most part, yes. There will always be features about myself I'm not 100% happy with, but that's true with everybody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
And finally, are you happy?
Overall, yes. I personally don't feel my transition is complete, but I am in a much better place than I was when I started.

Last edited by tosh; 06-28-2018 at 01:28 PM..
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote