View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 06:55 PM   #32
V-Ormix
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Do video games and gamers deserve more respect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
the question is about the greater societal perception of the field as a career, as a pursuit and as a spectacle to watch.
Or is it about a societal perception needing to be greater than it already is?

Clearly some one has to resonate on a particular wave length to view some thing as a spectacle and not ironically falling short of some thing they find impressive even practically in the same degree of cognitive ability.

Its more like people have weird rules for what fits their idea of a true accomplishment although only as weird as others perceive them.

also hold on, whats not mutually exclusive?? Sounds like you have a random bone to pick with my opinion on the topic :P talk about a dead on target of my post.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
I don't understand what you're trying to say by saying "is more respect deserved?? I think not. Respect is some thing that I view as a choice of an individual to give" because those two things aren't mutually exclusive at all.
I think what I was saying can be taken for face value?? I'm under the impression that a thread title such as this was more of curiosity and elaboration on other angles for conversation :v

Last edited by V-Ormix; 12-23-2019 at 07:03 PM..
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote