shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Batch Review Thread v2.0

CONTINUATION OF APRIL 10, 2012 BATCH

Judge Team 2

kommisar

Addict [7/10]

-The beginning PR I'd maybe look at some of the jump jack 8th notes, a few seem a little off but it's no big deal
-Good clear layering throughout
-the main chorus seems to drag on a little but the speedup makes up for it
-very fun file

Addict (Monsta r3mix) [7/10]

-I don't like the way the song starts. it's right in the middle of a sequence and feels awkward. I'd start at measure 5 if I were to add a bit of silence before the song starts.
-m36 some of these should be straight 8th notes (ex: second 12th note should be an 8th technically)
-m53 the 12th note should be a 16th
-I'm usually not a fan of polyrhythms because it looks messy and just layers everything together.

Autumn Insomnia Session [8/10]

-I don't really have anything to say about this file. well made and very consistent throughout

Baby Still Too Fat [6/10]

-end of m19 don't think that roll is necessary at all
-m23 if you're stepping the mini-jack to the melody, there should be many more. otherwise it's just ignoring it after 2 notes
-m31 no more mini-jacks?
-m44 not sure what this 16th jack is supposed to follow since this melody hasn't changed

Boss Battle RX [3/10]

-m5 this is wrong right off the bat. listen to the percussion patterns carefully.
-m9 there isn't much to warrant a 16th note
-it's fine that you want to step the bass drum as jumps, but when it's all you're following, it makes the rest of the file quite empty since there are many other things you could incorporate here
-m14 16ths here don't really make any sense
-m21 you randomly start following the background 16th gallops, pretty inconsistent with the rest
-m22 the first 5 notes probably shouldn't be there
-m23 the 16ths aren't followed correctly. listen carefully
-m29 believe it or not, this section shouldn't be done as a 16th jumpstream
-the 24th patterns are awful for keyboard play
-also rejecting audio quality. there is a much better mp3 for this.

Falcor [2/10]

-I can't help but feel the 16th gallops are sort of randomly placed for the sake of variety. This section is very repetitive.
-If that's the entire song (like 20 seconds?) I can't see myself accepting this. There isn't anything keeping it interesting and it just repeats the same sequence more or less.

FAREAST HARDSTYLERZ [4/10]

-This really just seems like an attempt at getting an easy file in. The 4th note placement literally looks like it was done in 10 seconds
-There isn't much pertaining to the actual song except the crashes where you'll occasionally add a jump.
-The fact that you added 8th notes at m55 leaves much to be wondered about the rest of the file, and why they weren't used before. I don't think this would make difficulty very consistent

FFReedom [6/10]

-m41 I would honestly follow the main melody rather than focus on the bassline
-very strange and generic song, but there isn't much else to be said. It's very plain and predictable.

I <3 Voltage [3/10]

-right off the start I don't think the 16ths do much justice to the melody
-m9 I understand the mini-jacks to accentuate the percussions, but I think rather than just fill the rest with 16th stream, this section could solely focus on the percussions to add better accentuation
-when the speed picks up, some of the 16th patterns feel thrown in and don't have much flow
-m25 this whole section there shouldn't be 12th notes. I know what you're following, but they aren't 12th notes
-given the difficulty of the file, I'm disappointed at the amount of jumps (none)
-m54 missed some 16th notes after the 3rd 8th note
-m63 something could definitely be done differently here to accentuate the change

Ice [5/10]

-LOL is that you yelling in the mike luis
-the whole section where the song picks up, I feel like the wubs could be more focused on. A straight 16th jumpstream feels like ruined potential
-m33 this little effect is cool, but also could've been used at m29
-consistently following the 16th hi-hats in the background make this pretty boring after a while, even with the clever color changes
-m99 the bass isn't being followed much but the quiet background piano notes are?

Kazoku Totalis [4/10]

-at the beginning I don't think hands are necessary
-pitch relevancy in general at the start could use some work
-once the song picks up, the 3 note hands are literally thrown in at random and have little to no influence on the accentuation of the song
-m20 these 32nds could use a lot of work
-m24 this looks like a mess, especially with jump jacks thrown in?
-m34 if you listen carefully you missed a lot of 16ths to the meldoy
-m43 uhhhh color notes? why? makes this whole section offsync
-the teal notes have got to go.
-m74 could've managed the jump jacks a little better, and you missed some bass drum notes immediately after
-song has tons of potential, but needs a lot of fixes before I can accept this.

Key of delete [3/10]

-m47 there should be a 16th after the 3rd 4th, as well as a few other instances in this section
-m60 the little changeup is fine, but I don't think it warrants hands
-m71 after the first 8th there should be a 4th note, pretty sure this happens a few measures before
-during the fast speedup it's difficulty to see what you're consistently following
-m113 I don't hear any 16ths here
-m126 these 16th jump jacks. no. they just add too much difficulty and are dumb to hit
-M146 long 16th jack, no.

Kind im Einschlummern [7/10]

-very close attention payed to pitch relevancy, well on-sync and decently crafted simfile.

Kirlian Changes [4/10]

-the whole beginning section when there isn't background notes you still step the violin as jumps, could just be done with single notes (not a big deal though)
-the song can't just cut like this. it's only a small portion of the song and feels very unfinished and empty. I was expecting some sort of climax but this simply won't do.

KOMMICORE [8/10]

-why.
-you managed to make this a better file than the song would ever have to offer. props.

Leave It [6/10]

-m5 I'm assuming you're following the main synth, but the first 8th note doesn't follow it.
-m16 the change in what you're following (from synth to percussion) seems a little sudden. I'd suggest adding them as jumps instead to accentuate the change even more instead of just sliding it in like this.
-There isn't really much wrong with the file, but I'd like to see more of the percussion throughout the whole file, instead of just during the later half.

Magnum [8/10]

-Much like the SM chart, this is very enjoyable and offers a few difficult spots that aren't over the top. some might complain about the heavy layering at points but the rest is diverse and interesting enough to warrant several playthroughs

May The Triforce Be With You [5/10]

-right from the start, pay close attention to pitch relevancy. It should be pretty obvious at this spot (ex: 2nd 8th note of measure 2, the note changed yet it's still in the 4th column)
-right when the song picks up, I find it disappointing that the rhythm guitar isn't given more attention. This would help propel the chart into a nice momentum to accompany the lead
-m11 this 3 note hand doesn't seem to be any different from the following 3. I'd keep this as a jump
-m13 after the first 8th note, listen carefully and you'll hear a bass drum hit on the 4th note
-m27~ I don't quite understand the slowdown aside from the change in instruments. I know the speed doesn't matter in FFR, but the color change might throw a few off unnecessarily
-the rest goes into a deep jumpstream section that is layered pretty consistently
-m60 I'm going to have to disagree with your jacks. The rest of the file doesn't have them for the same sequence, I wouldn't add them here either.
-the slowdowns in general aren't needed, especially at the end. A few fixes and this file is great for scoring.

Mmmmmmm [3/10]

-the sync feels very late. it might just be me, but check again in case.
-m8 listen to these 32nds carefully. They aren't exactly one complete roll
-immediately after this section, you decide to step all the background 16th hi-hats which basically just turns this whole file into a gigantic dumpstream
-So much more could've been done with this file had it not been solely done as jumpstream. In moderation, that would've been fine, but this is ridiculous. Most sections could be done much differently.

Mo-Ko-Mo-Core [2/10]

-m9 I don't think it's necessary to step these silly noises with 32nds layered in with the rest
-m16 I don't see the use for color notes here
-m17 this is just heavily overlayered. The jumps are following something barely audible. This goes on for too long
-dump. quit out. sorry mang

Mostly Dark Universe [9/10]

-Wow this is super fun. Some chorus parts seem a tad iffy PR wise but the rest more than makes up for it.

My favorite shoes [8/10]

-Honestly have nothing to say about this file. Everything seems pretty spot on.

N's Farewell [7/10]

-m5 this is blatantly going downwards melody wise. The PR here should be no excuse
-file has a beautiful climax

Never Enough [7/10]

-This song has the longest buildup to a drop I've ever heard
-The song has some pretty decent layering, great use of accents.
-One suggestion I'll make for your 32nd patterns (ex: m58) I'd perhaps use a different pattern to make it more fluent to hit. Same with the other 32nd patterns of this section
-Really fun file otherwise

o [3/10]

-o
-The first 20+ measures are the same beats and patterns and it gets pretty repetitive
-m26 shouldn't there be a 16th jack after the 3rd 4th note? I think you mixed up the 16th jack placement in this whole section
-m41 this section doesn't feel intense enough to hate this sort of heavy difficult layering.
-the ending is very abrupt and doesn't feel like it built up to anything.

Ongyilkos Vasarnap [6/10]

-m8 probably step the hands as simple jumps. isn't anything new introduced to warrant them
-when the song picks up sometimes the hands seem randomly thrown in. Honestly I'd add them for cymbal crashes for a better feel
-the mini-jacks are well managed
-really aside from the questionable hand useage this is pretty cool

Phi-dentity Crisis [6/10]

-I really hate your 32nd patterns haha.
-This is really heavily layered, some parts a little excessive.
-really great challenge, but change some of those patterns for the love of god

Pokemon RBY Gym Battle Remix [5/10]

-m16 after the 3rd 4th note, you shouldn't ignore the 16th drum bass kick
-m28 flam note isn't needed
-after the 2nd time the main chorus repeats, I'd suggest to follow the rhythm guitar as well rather than just the bass drum kicks
-end of m72 missing a 16th
-m77 try varying your patterns a little, and make them more pitch relevant. Some of these patterns just look thrown in with no coherence whatsoever
-m89 this whole section is completely wrong, but I can understand not wanting to step the guitar notes

R176 [6/10]

-m11 these 32nds are really annoying to hit and completely kill the flow.
-m59 this three note jack. no.
-m67, this three note jack, yes.
-m71 listen carefully for some 16th percussion rhythms
-some of your jumpstream patterns come from very quiet 16th notes that aren't very audible, but it's no big deal I guess

Reminders [7/10]

-while there isn't really much wrong with this, some parts I'd like to see the main melody followed a little more
-m59 you stop stepping the guitar/drums?

Rondo a Capriccio [8/10]

-idk if it's just me but sometimes the audio seems to spike a little creating some slight earrape
-this file is a great example of how to properly use jumps to accentuate notes. This whole file doesn't have any major points that I'd pick on for flaws. Great stuff.

S [7/10]

-one of the simpler files of the batch. The sort of file that isn't really hard to layer right but has some scoring qualities.

Saffron City [5/10]

-the beginning starts awkwardly in the middle of a sequence
-m17/18 huge gap, no reason why
-end of m30 listen closely for a few missed 16th notes
-this whole file has some missed 16th amen break notes. I'd suggest revising closely
-m45 this section doesn't seem to pay much attention to anything going on aside from the bass drum. There are lots of melodies to follow here

Scars Left by Time [3/10]

-I love the original version of this song and although this song really sort of butchered it, it's alright I guess
-m11 there's got to be another way to step this section rather than obnoxiously long 16th note jacks
-m15 in this case, the jacks are justified with the melody and would work
-some parts have some 32nd hi-hats that you could've followed to add diversity
-this file is unfortunately pretty bland and just becomes a jump jack fest with a huge lack of diversity.

Shadows [7/10]

-very plain file, but nothing really wrong with it. some parts maybe some questionable mini jacks but no big deal

Shimasen N Bass [2/10]

-the whole beginning you ignore the percussion breaks, then randomly start following them?
-m29 not only do you throw everything you just followed out of the window for a proper buildup, but you also follow the most boring sound available to follow
-this file has consistent layering issues. There is barely any structure.

Shotgun Surgery [6/10]

-if you could be a nice person, you'd alternate the 16th one handed trills to both hands at this speed
-m15 if you could be a nice person, please don't add a 16th jump before a hand at 200 bpm
-m55 this "solo" part seems off (like the random jump at the end of m56)
-I'm honestly not quite sure what to think about this. I think some guitar solo parts could use some work, especially regarding patterns at this speed

Silent Wind [7/10]

-sync feels a little early
-This is certainly an original blend of patterns. For this sort of difficulty, I think it's pretty unique to what the FFR game has to offer

Since 1983 [6/10]

-m8 i'd maybe debate this, but I've always heard these as 24ths
-decent rendition of a classic simfile. the polyrhythm patterns can be quite a mess though

Skeletones [5/10]

-sync is late
-end of m10 missed a beat
-m15 this one handed 32nd trill has got to be changed
-end of m43 missed a 16th beat
-m48 it feels like a few 16th notes are too many
-end of m52 missed 16ths
-I'm finding lots of small mistakes throughout this file. I'd take a look over it again to find some missed rhythms

SOLROS ~Vocal Edition~ [7/10]

-once the vocals start, i'd keep following the accoustic guitar just to keep some flow going
-the rest of this file flows very well. nicely done.

Spoils [5/10]

-right off the start listen carefully for some 24th drum patterns
-m4 snare isn't stepped anymore?
-m5 the end jumps here I think only the last 16th note should be a jump
-m12 I don't think it's a good idea to add jumps to the voice since it doesn't really accentuate this area as much. I'd honestly keep focusing on more prominent instruments especially the guitar
-m27 these 12th jumps could be managed differently. the jump jacks at the end are a little much
-m31~ if you listen carefully, there are lots of missed 32nd guitar strums/ bass drum kicks
-m40 in this transition the snare hits are completely ignored and leave sort of a void
-Song has lots of potential as a difficult file, but needs some fixes.

Star Wars Anthology [+]

-Fixes sufficient

Tequila [+]

-idk why this got rejected in the first place honestly. It was better before

Terror to Terror [6/10]

-m8 these 32nds....really
-m24 as is, I can't accept without a bit of cleanup here. Needs to flow a little more
-Wow this file has bad habits and hard pain step written all over it. Going to be quite the challenge especially with your choice of patterns

The Earth Blew Up [7/10]

-One of these strange files that end up being really enjoyable for some reason. Weird as hell song but well done and great for scoring.

The First Epidemic [5/10]

-m9 at this speed I'm not a huge fan of your pattern use, could be managed a little better for flow
-m16 again these 16th note patterns are abominable
-m19 I assume the jumps could also follow guitar hits like you were doing earlier, which you also do later on
-your jumpstream looks too much like it's going from column 1 to 4 and back too much.
-the cut of the song also needs some polish

The Little Mermaid [PASS]

-m10 still think 16th hand note jacks are much for vocals
-still think everything is overlayered for no reason haha.
-Since I'm not sure what the word is on heavily layered files, I'll have to pass judgment on this one.

The Replicator [8/10]

-Song and file rule. Hard to ignore the noise hi-hat rolls but it's probably better that they're not stepped

The Steel Monster Above the City [4/10]
-m3 feels weird that the 24th note toms aren't stepped
-end of m6 missed some 24ths, end of m8 as well
-m20 you step them as 24ths, m21 you step them as 32nds???
-I think you're having some difficulty telling the difference between 24ths and 32nds
-This song has tons of potential to be a great token difficult file

Thrashbaath [6/10]

-m23, especially if you're throwing 32nds in there, could use some pattern changes to make it flow better
-what an odd song. File doesn't really have anything wrong worth pointing out, I'd just make the suggestion to re-structure some patterns.

Through Peaks and Valleys For The Meetup [!]

-m10 these jump jacks could work as single notes
-m16 the bpm slows down and everything seems to get messed up. sync is a little off? If it's an error on my part, I'd like to know so I can give proper judgment.

To Make the End of Battle [8/10]

-everything about this file is fantastic. great flow, great pattern use, great challenge.
-end of m120, you missed a drum roll

Together as One [2/10]

-m14 16th note jump jacks would work fine as jumptrills
-m24 rather than dumpstream this part, I'd focus on the synth and underlayer it much more. This part isn't really intense enough to warrant this
-I'm not even sure the whole jumpstream part is technically correct, but this classifies the file as a dump, sorry.

Vampire Killer Remix [2/10]

-m10 the hands from here on out seem randomly placed and don't really add any accent to the song
-Listening to the original song, from what I can hear (this song is pretty loud to start with) the starting melody should have a 16th after the first 4th note
-the jump trills to the snare hits could easily be done as single notes.
-m41 invisible 16th jumpstream. There's nothing here that would indicate a full 16th stream

Velaciela [7/10]

-I was pleasantly surprised at this file. Well constructed and has consistent layering. Very fun, albeit a little repetitive at times.

Walking on Water [7/10]

-Original choice of song for this game. Saw nothing worth picking on. Good stuff

WE LUV LAMA [2/10]

-m17 these could work as single notes
-m26 starting here everything is ignored. tons of wasted potential going on
-the only thing has has to offer unfortunately are the jumps to synth accents.
-m154 barely audible 16th streams.

White Walls pt.1/2 [7/10]

-ait so I did play through all this, only thing I noticed was that the sync got a tad late at parts (usually during the speedups)
-great marathon file, but honestly I'd leave it to one part because it's long enough as is lmao. I think the first part should go in for sure, but the 2nd part isn't necessary.

WHO GIVES A **** [6/10]

-compared to the previous version, lots of improvement
-The empty section at m26 still doesn't need all those color flam notes. just straight 4ths as color would work

Windy Valley [7/10]

-a very simple file with pretty clear techniques for layering. I see nothing to pick on except maybe that the hi-hats are ignored a little too frequently, but it doesn't really matter.

WEYX [+]

-My opinion hasn't changed since last time this was judged.

Ching Chong Wong MOSAIC.WAV song [6/10]
[i.e. えっへん≦( ̄^ ̄)≧どやどす?天狗自慢(Short ver.)]

-Right off the bat, this is way too layered. 48ths at m3 really don't need to be jumps
-m27 if you wanted to make this file even more hard pain, you could step the synth 16ths in the background. I actually think it would be better with them
-m43 ok maybe this part could be toned down a little. Doesn't seem intense enough to have this heavy jumpstream. I'd also focus more on the more prominent sounds which doesn't result in a full 16th jumpstream
-I'd fix this up a bit for consistency measures, but damn what a file.

megamon88

(keep in mind I use sm-ssc to judge, and the measure counter starts at 0 - yours may start at 1, so you may need to shift the measure numbers up)

Addict [wc] [7/10]
-pr at the beginning sounds a bit off (stuff like b28-29, red notes should fall on the same note)
-from m10-16, i don't really see much justification for minijacks since you seem to be doing them semi-randomly
-jumps would be preferable at b76.5, 82.5, 84.5 (unless you're just stepping the clap but it still feels weird without jumps, and you step them in the 16th stream right after anyways)
-m25 when she says "addict" you only step the first syllable
-you should decide on whether or not to step successive kicks as the same jumps like b118 or different jumps like b150, if not it creates inconsistencies
-hands may be a bit too much on b167 but i'll leave that up to you
-not too keen on minijacks from m64-67 but i guess they're ok for pattern variation
-pretty good file overall, a bit repetitive and boring at parts but still decently interesting

Addict (Dr. Ozi Monsta r3mix) [wc] [8/10]
-trill at m11 is pretty hard to hit well due to inconsistent speedups in the middle - maybe try speeding up a bit more gradually?
-b210.67, 374.67 should be a 16th
-not sure why you used minijacks at the end 12ths since you didn't use them before in the entire file
-fun file

Autumn Insomnia Session [wc vs samurai7694] [7/10]
-m4-10 i don't hear much justification for some of the minijacks - look over this part and get rid of inconsistencies
-jump at b92.83 is either erroneous or missing a jump right after it
-minijack at b123.17 shouldn't be there
-minijack at b124 is kinda random, but feels right as opposed to some of your other ones
-b187.5 should be 24ths instead of 32nds
-minijacks are better in the 2nd half, with very nice patterns in the streams
-good file, fix inconsistencies in first half and it'll be great

Baby Still Too Fat (MarioNintendo) [9/10]
-runningmen go very well with the song
-i feel like a jump will feel more appropriate at the end of the runningmen (eg. m11, 15) instead of a single note, since you step the two successive claps on every second runningman (m13, m17) but really it's your call
-roll at b75.25 seems early
-no idea why there's a minijack on b172
-really fun file, gj

{Japanese characters my computer can't read} (MrPopadopalis25) [7/10]
i.e. えっへん≦( ̄^ ̄)≧どやどす?天狗自慢(Short ver.)
-jumpjack anchors at m27 and similar spots are very hard to hit, consider changing them
-hands from m38-40 don't feel necessary
-extra hand at b318.5
-missing hand/jump at b336
-hand placement seems a bit inconsistent overall, mostly during jumpstreams
-overall, decent scoring file, just fix up a couple patterns and inconsistencies and you'll be good

Falcor (ichliebekase) [6/10]
-beginning few notes could have been stepped, but it doesn't really matter
-16th note should be at b8.25 instead of b8.75, same with b31.25 and 31.75, and all other similar instances
-song drifts quite a big amount sometimes, try to fix sync issues
-missing 16th at 79.25 and similar spots
-file feels very generic, almost no variation

FAREAST HARDSTYLERZ (samurai7694) [7/10]
-not much to say really, ok for a level 2 file since we need more in-game
-even though it's evident you aimed for an easy file, this still feels understepped
-patterns aren't too interesting but not much you can do with a 2

FFReedom (MarioNintendo) [6/10]
-file feels very old-school
-lack of percussion layering makes some parts feel quite empty
-not sure why you missed 16ths at m40, 42 and 44
-layering choices seem a bit iffy at parts like m52 - i know you're trying to accentuate certain sounds, but it makes the file feel inconsistent
-not a bad file, but feels like it could still be improved a good amount

I (3 Voltage[wc] [8/10]
-interesting structure (no jumps)
-pr needs a bit of fixing at m4-7
-bursts at m20-23 are boo-bait, maybe try making patterns a bit friendlier
-you didn't step the 8-bit sound at the beginning of m24 but you stepped it after
-missed 16th at b214.75
-pretty unique file, fun to play too

Ice (samurai7694) [5/10]
-imo the beginning should have jumps to the kick too but it's ok as is
-you have extra 16ths at b133.25 and 133.75, 145.25 and 145.75, and all similar spots
-16th hi-hats comprise most of the jumpstream instead of the wubs, yet are barely audible; this leads to the file becoming very generic because it's pretty much just constant jumpstream with a break every 2 measures or so for the first 90 seconds of the song
-piano from m72-79 is barely audible, instead of constant 12th stream try stepping just the obnoxiously loud WUBWUBWUB
-file gets repetitive very quickly
-colour gimmicks seem unnecessary
-could be improved a good amount

Kazoku Totalis (XxMidigamixX) [3/10]
-beginning layering seems off - your jumps seem to go to higher notes when there's still only 1 note playing, and hands aren't the best choice either considering there's still only 1 instrument playing
-hands at m12-15 should be different combinations and not the same one twice
-once the drums come in the layering starts to get very inconsistent - hands are seemingly random
-32nds in m19 need better patterns
-missing 8th at b92.5
-16th jumps such as the ones in m23 are very hard to hit at that high of a bpm and ruins the flow of the file; you have these everywhere in your file, try to use them sparingly
-missing a note at b106
-patterns, patterns, patterns; throughout the song there are a huge amount of unfavourable patterns that you would do well to change
-colour gimmick from m42-52 is really unnecessary and will make frame placements a huge problem
-many misrhythms from m53-56
-jumpglut from m73-74 (and similar sections) is atrocious, please change this pattern
-missing some 8ths at the end of m74
-your jump and hand selection is very inconsistent from m74-97
-m138 is very inconsistent - you step 16th stream for some parts and stop for no reason on other parts
-m179 holy bejeebus 32nd one-handed minitrills and hidden 16th anchor jacks at this speed, noooooo
-i don't hear justification for the 16th jumpstream from m205 onwards, should be broken jumpstream
-layering inconsistent from m222 onwards
-some ending 4th notes shouldn't be there
-pretty much the same comments for the entire file - change patterns and be more consistent in your layering
-needs quite a bit of work

key of delete (nois-or-e) [6/10]
-b122.5, jump should be on the 16th, not the 8th (happens multiple times)
-a lot of one-handed trills (mostly hidden in jumps), try to change some to friendlier patterns
-instead of straight 16ths from m51-59, broken 16ths would be better
-not much justification for use of hands from m59-73, also jumps are inconsistent
-missing 8th note at b403.5
-16th jumpjacks are pretty mean at this bpm
-missed some kicks m130
-long jack at m145 is also going to cause rage
-not bad, but patterns and layering need fixing

Kind im Einshlummern (Silvuh) [8/10]
-very relaxing file
-good pr for the most part, some right to left hand piano parts may need a bit of tweaking though

Kirlian Changes (Choofers) [9/10]
-not sure what the note at b116 goes to
-loved the pr and pattern choice, very good easy file

KOMMICORE (0 + Choofers) [6/10]
-the only reason your notes are 12ths/48ths is because the actual song is misaligned - the kick and the vocals are actually offset by a bit, which kind of messes up any kind of precise sync - for simplicity's sake, i'd say keep them as the 8th rhythms they're supposed to be or ask kommi to fix the song lol
-pattern at m7 is pretty awkward to hit due to timing of notes
-there are plenty of one-handed trills in your jumpstream in m37+, try making patterns a bit smoother to hit
-ending feels a bit dumpy (since there's not much musical justification for constant 16ths), but is effective as a hard file
-not a bad file, but sync issues and pattern choice may be problematic

Leave It (Silvuh) [8/10]
-nothing too interesting but nothing wrong the file either
-jumps sometimes feel random or out of place
-good easy file

Lufia II Boss Battle RX (Genocide101) [7/10]
-it seems like you step the snare hits such as b75.5 and 83.5, but not ones like b31.5 or 39.5 - try to be consistent
-rolls going into m22 would be better as a trill
-missed jump at b102
-the 24th 3-note staircase patterns throughout the song such as m32 and 33 may need to be changed as they create very unfriendly one-handed patterns
-missing 16th at b179.25
-jack in m53 would do better as a quick roll
-should be a 4th note at b216 for the crash
-the way you stepped the bass 16ths in m56 and 57 but not 54 and 55 makes it feel a bit out of place
-shouldn't be 16ths at b269.25 and 271.25
-imo lead synth should be stepped as jumps during the ending but that's your call
-fix unfriendly patterns and you should be good to go

Magnum (samurai7694) [7/10]
-jumps at b6.5, 14.5, 22.5, 26.25, 30.5, 34.5 etc. don't go to anything
-imo you should step the siren at b39, 43, 47 etc. since the player is focused on it thanks to the jacks
-jacks in m17 (and everywhere else you have these groups of 12th jacks) aren't actually 12ths, rather offset 5/64ths (very evident when you slow it down) - however for simplicity's sake it may be ok to keep them as 12ths, though it might probably screw up players since the jacking is at a different speed than the wubs (for the proper timing, check here: http://i.imgur.com/rHiBI.png)
-same thing with your minijacks in m65 - they're not 16th jacks, but instead something very close to 21/384ths - these are noticeably different than your 16ths, so I suggest you make these follow the wubs (i've included another picture for you for an idea of how to step the rhythm - you switch between 10/192nd and 11/192nd intervals, starting on the 16th: http://i.imgur.com/ymtAc.png)
-when you fix these parts, the clap assist will sound MUCH sexier
-pretty fun file, just needs a bit of fixing

May The Triforce Be With You (woker-X) [8/10]
-the time signature changes are unnecessary but it doesn't really matter
-not sure why b41.5 merits a hand while some other notes around it don't, happens multiple times
-a lot of one-handed patterns in your jumpstream which leads to it being awkward to hit, try changing some around a bit, especially the huge one in m39
-jacks in m59 are inconsistent with the rest of the file, you don't use them anywhere else
-pretty good, just change some patterns

Mmmmmmm (icontrolyourworld) [8/10]
-wow, more steps than anything else in-game
-for a 4-min js file, it actually does well in keeping things interesting
-16th jumps at m60 don't seem to go to anything
-16ths at the beginning of m82 to vocals seem out of place
-some pattern choice is iffy - one-handed trill chains are going to be inevitable in the dense handstream but try to keep it to a minimum (for the most part though patterns were really well done)
-great stamina file, not many other songs are as relentless as this one

Mo-Ko-Mo-Core (hi19hi19) [7/10]
-long js parts are very repetitive - patterns aren't bad but i see some long hidden 8th note chains here and there
-(13)(24) jumptrills are mean but ok for this kind of file
-roll patterns are going to cause rage since there is a possible 2-frame interval between notes
-i suggest that you cut the file - there is a lot of repetitiveness that can be cut down on, especially with the long js parts
-not bad but gets boring after a while

Mostly Dark Universe (Tidus810) [8/10]
-layering the ride cymbal instead of the kick drum as jumps at the beginning would be preferable since the ride is much more audible than the kick
-jump preferable on b29.75, although not necessary due to surrounding 32nds
-not sure why you went with a 16th jump pattern in m10
-extra jump at b45
-again, you switch up the jump patterns even though it sounds the exact same as 2 measures before - try to be consistent, at least within sections
-b116 should be a hand according to your layering
-not sure why you have a jump at b195
-fun file, especially the solo - keep it up!

My favorite shoes (Silvuh) [8/10]
-not sure why you left out the 16th at b51.25 (same at b243.25)
-end of m32 feels empty since it gets louder, yet notes suddenly drop off
-m41-46 feels inconsistent with jump placement
-16th jump at b182.75 should actually be on the 8th note before
-imo you should step the piano in m55, but it's ok without it too
-fun file with an old-school feel

Never Enough - xKore (Marionintendo) [9/10]
-i would have preferred if you layered in the vocals at the beginning though not necessary it would make it less repetitive (especially during the 4x4 kick buildup at m20-27)
-no steps to vocals right before the drop makes me
-layering was simple and easy to follow during the dubstep part and felt great
-jump at b151 should be on the 16th before it (same with b167, 183, etc.)
-32nd pattern at b228.5 might need changing because it is awkward to hit with the (13) 16th jump in the middle (same with b252.5)
-b240 feels weird without a jump
-extremely fun file

N's Farewell (Xx{Midnight}xX) [7/10]
-pr is a lot better than before, props
-grace notes to (13) and (24) jumps feel awkward, especially after the (1)(2)(3) grace note patterns - try changing some around
-still a couple pr issues though (eg. b17-18 should be descending rather than ascending)
-b24 sounds like a hand would be more appropriate, or at least a jump + grace note (same with b33)
-grace note at b54, 81 should come before the jump
-b57, 60, 63 should be hands
-not sure why b66 isn't a hand when you had hands to sounds exactly like this
-b95 and 95.5 should be jumps, since you seem to reserve hands to when both lh and rh piano are playing at the same time
-b99-105 feels empty without lh piano, but i can see why you want to exclude it
-still can't figure out why some of your jumps aren't hands and vice versa - layering feels inconsistent at times
-pr improved from last time, still some inconsistency issues though

o (0) [6/10]
-very repetitive file and song
-jump usage from m24-31 is inconsistent
-m40-43 feels overstepped for what's going on
-missing jumps in m42
-very generic and repetitive file

Ongyilkos Vasarnap (mi40) [8/10]
-b5, 8 etc. i don't know why you didn't step these as jumps, since they actually have more going on than your other jumps
-hand usage from m40-58 seemed inconsistent, i couldn't tell what some were going to
-fun file overall though, not many complaints

Phi-dentity Crisis (hi19hi19) [8/10]
-nothing technically wrong with file
-some parts like m30-34 and m70-77 feel overlayered for what you hear
-memorable file

Pokemon RBY Gym Battle Metal Remix (VisD) [7/10]
-would prefer a jump at b22.5
-m30-31, 64-65, and 106-107 would be better with jumps just to lead guitar
-3-note roll pattern at m80 and m82 doesn't suit the guitar pr-wise
-jumps at b361 and 362.5 should be an 8th note later
-not too sure about jump placement from m96-103
-also try to cut down on one-handed trill patterns in the jumpstream
-rby colour gimmick at end is cool, but makes file hard to read
-jump at b497.5 should be a note later
-ok file, fix some patterns and jumps and it'll be great

R176 V2 (MrPopadopalis25) [8/10]
-jump and hand layering at the beginning is a bit heavy but ok
-very nice patterns for the most part
-minijacks beginning at m58 make the file not flow as well
-nice file; whether the file warrants a v2 or not, i'll leave that up to the higher ups

Reminders (hi19hi19) [9/10]
-file flows incredibly well, layering very easy to follow
-stepping crashes in m23 would've been nice
-crash layering from m32-43 seems inconsistent - sometimes you step it, sometimes you don't
-piano layering would be nice in the ending, although not necessary
-great fun file

Rondo A Capriccio (Bluearrowll) [7/10]
-after the bpm change in m56, the file becomes a bit late - try making the bpm 120 instead of 115
-16th at b474.75 should be on the 12th before it, and the 12th on b475.67 should be on the 8th before it
-bothered me a bit that you didn't step the left hand from m119-122
-one-handed trills are annoying but fine for that "classical file" feel
-b611.5 16th stream should start on the 16th before (and stream before that should end on the 16th before that), same with b615.5
-you put jumps on b663.5 and 665.5 when you didn't have jumps the same sound before then - happened a couple times before too
-overall okay classical file, just watch out for jump inconsistencies and misrhythms

S (MarioNintendo) [8/10]
-layering from m24-29 felt kinda weird - i think it would be best to ignore the hats on the 8ths for this part
-song isn't too interesting but you did well to make it exciting

Saffron City (VisD) [6/10]
-missing grace note at b28
-m16-20 feels empty with just the drums - try including at least the melody
-missing 32nds to hats all over the place, but you don't need to step these since they're pretty quiet
-32nd roll at b116 only lasts for half a beat (same with b148 and similar spots)
-32nd pattern at b132 and 164 needs changing
-missing 16th at b151.75
-i don't think you should stop stepping jumps at spots like b180, 196 and 212, it disrupts the flow of the section
-not sure why you randomly started stepping jumps at b222 when you didn't before
-pretty much exact same comments for the second drum part since it's nearly identical
-not bad, but fix pattern choice and misrhythms

Scars Left By Time (Silvuh) [9/10]
-missed a bass note at b35 (could be intentional)
-you jacks at m10 should actually switch a note later (ie b42 should be a left, b44 should be a down)
-missing bass note at b148.5
-file flows very well, good practice for slow jacks

Shadows (iironiic) [8/10]
-minijacks at b125.33, 273.33 etc. don't go to anything
-minijacks at b172.33 would be ok if you had this pattern elsewhere, but you don't
-file gets quite repetitive, maybe cut it?
-pretty fun file, kinda long though

Shimasen N Bass (Elite Ninja) [6/10]
-drum layering feels empty from m5-12 - layering what you had in the beginning would've made a perfect bridge between the intro and the dnb part at m13
-not sure why you randomly started layering the dnb in m13 since there's no difference in drums, only bass (i guess you could use the "climax theory" explanation but still)
-at m29 maybe try layering at least part the drums, also pa needs a bit of work
-i see what you're trying to do at m44 (and similar parts) but alternating between stepping the drums and the lead instrument is inconsistent - it's actually not too bad here but i still think you should layer in the drums where you have the 8th jacks to the instrument
-overall not bad, lacking in consistency and structure though

Shotgun Surgery (Hateandhatred & samurai7694) [8/10]
-not a fan of the one-handed trills at the beginning but i guess somewhat appropriate for a hard rock song like this
-16th minijack created by hand at b59 should be removed
-not sure why 16ths stop at b223
-hands seem inconsistent at times, like b470
-improve 32nd patterns from m128-134, some are very awkward
-overall good file though, pretty fun

Silent Wind (0) [8/10]
-feel overlayered from m24-31, with m69-76
-minijack at b160 probably isn't the best choice
-pretty fun file, a bit dense though

Since 1983 (DarkZtar) [9/10]
-great flow
-watch out for 24th patterns that create jack chains (such as b307.5 or 320.33), those tend to make patterns awkward
-other than that, really enjoyable file

Skeletones (Brilliant Dynamite Neon) [8/10]
-i don't think one-handed trill in m14 is a good idea
-32nds out of m27 would do better as a roll
-long jack in m90 is quite mean for this bpm
-in fact most of your longer jacks are unnecessary, although they do add a difficulty factor
-missing 16th at b619.75
-fun file

Solros ~Vocal~ (iironiic) [8/10]
-flows quite well
-i suggest changing the one-handed minitrills coming out of some of your 24th rolls like at b81, these are throughout the file and are awkward to hit
-i feel like i've seen some of these patterns before :P
-vocal layering seems a bit off, since this IS the vocal version more emphasis should be placed on them (a lot of missed jumps like b110 and 113.5)
-missed 24ths rolls at b266, 290, 446 (seems intentional but not 100% sure why)
-great file to complement the version in-game, just change some patterns

Spoils [dore] [8/10]
-don't hear justification for jump at b19.25
-missing a 16th at 124.25, 132.25
-pattern at b205 will screw people up - maybe try altering it a bit
-pretty fun file

Terror to Terror [TC_Halogen] [7/10]
-burst patterns are kinda ugly atm - try fixing them up a bit
-massive bootrap leading in to m24
-section from m40-51 does not flow very well due to jacks (likewise from m118-129)
-decent fie but some sections seem overdone

The Earth Blew Up v2 (Choofers) [9/10] [>]
-nothing technically wrong with this, and fits the song well - however i feel it's too similar to the one already in-game
-not sure what the decision will be, but disregarding the one already in-game, this would get a 9 from me

The First Epidemic (yomanimawesome) [6/10]
-missing a 16th at b68.25
-m18-32 layering is inconsistent and switches between vocals and guitar, not too much of a problem here though since sections are broken up by 16th fills
-jumpstream is filled with one-handed patterns - a few wouldn't be an issue, but they're literally all over the place, try changing some
-extra 16ths at b259.25 and 259.75
-missing 16ths right before last 2 hands
-not bad, but patterns and consistency need addressing

The Replicator [wc] [8/10]
-note at b45 should be on the prior 12th
-24th at b79.167 should actually be on b79.5
-extra note at b126.5
-5th last note should be shifted down a 12th
-layering isn't overly obvious throughout - feels inconsistent at times
-great file though, very fun

The Steel Monster Above the City (Reshiram) [5/10]
-missing a 32nd at b10.875, 58.875, and pretty much everywhere else this tom line occurs
-missing a 16th at b11.25
-24ths at b19.167 and 19.33 are actually 32nds on b19.125 and 19.25, this happens pretty much everywhere you have this pattern
-48ths in m13 is actually just a 32nd
-32nd at b67.125 should be lowered to the next 32nd, same with the one on b75.125 and everywhere else this bass pattern appears
-missing 24ths at b91.5
-m27-34 layering isn't consistent - it switches constantly between what's a jump and what isn't
-24th and 32nd substitution for 8-bit sound aren't consistent with each other
-rhythm at b187 should be your typical 3-note 32nds then 24ths pattern
-rhythm after b196 should be 3/64ths, not 24ths
-burst patterns from m48-51 aren't very friendly but doable
-random hand at b234
-rhythm after b316 isn't 12ths, it's 3/32nds
-24th jumpstream from m93-94 should be 32nds
-many misrhythms and inconsistencies, fix them and you'll have a fun file

Thrashbaath (Sticklydude) [6/10]
-bpm should be an even 210 - if a bpm analyzer is giving you a number like that, the rule of thumb is to round it to the nearest whole digit
-pattern from b18-19 should be straight 24ths
-according to your layering b52.5 shouldn't be a jump
-missing 16th at b84.25
-missing 32nd at b101.875
-missing 16ths to kick drum at b155.25, 159.25, 163.25, etc. pretty much for the whole section
-not sure what most of the 8ths from m54-69 go to (eg. b219.5, 227.5 etc.)
-from m70-84, missing 16ths to kick drum just like before
-missing 16ths at b367.25, 369.25, 372.25, 372.75, 391.25, 391.75
-missing constant 16th kick starting at b400
-not bad, but some misrhythms and missed notes

Through Peaks and Valleys (Bynary Fission) [6/10]
-looks like someone forgot to shift bpm changes and stops down - i'm guessing after you added 2 sec. of silence?
-luckily i was nice enough to do it for you and judge it properly :P
-32nd trills like m41 make the difficulty very inconsistent - it's mainly easy 8th notes, then all of a sudden woah 32nds
-0-framer jack at b186 is just wtf
-jumpstream pattern at m123-126 is extremely awkward to hit, especially at that speed - you have a 8th jack chain that's 4 entire measures
-the song is long - maybe try to cut some parts?
-overall not bad, but pattern choice and difficulty spikes leave something to be desired

To Make the End of Battle (DarkZtar) [8/10]
-your snare layering seemed inconsistent, sometimes layering it and sometimes not (happens pretty much throughout the file)
-other than that, no real complaints, plays like a typical ssh file

Together as One (Anaru) [5/10]
-m22-29 is overstepped for what's going on - ghost 16th notes and jumps to really quiet sounds
-m30-36 i still can't tell what the constant 16ths are going to
-gets even dumpier at m37
-hands in m45 don't seem to go to anything either
-jump into hand before m53 breaks flow
-still ghost notes from m71-86
-random hands like b372
-why are there jacks in m111, it's alternating notes, also jump usage around this section seemed inconsistent
-missed jump at b531.5
-random jump at b545.5
-very repetitive and some misrhythms and layering problems

Vampire Killer Remix (Sticklydude) [7/10]
-using 24ths to represent the vibrato at m25 and 29 doesn't feel right, maybe try something closer to a 16th rhythm
-missed some good rhythms in the hat and kick in m34 and 35
-not much else is wrong, okay file, felt a bit of fun factor was lost though since you ignored a lot of interesting rhythms

Velaciela (DarkZtar) [9/10]
-could have stepped 32nd snare rolls at b109.5 and 111.5 (in any case, snare buildup to m28 should be constant 16ths)
-great file, very fun and layering felt intuitive

Walking on Water (Silvuh) [8/10]
-missing 12th on b7.33
-i would've preferred if you stepped the vocals throughout the song like in m4 and m16 - the file is ok without them, but starts to get repetitive only playing the drum and guitar
-layering felt a little off throughout, oftentimes unclear what some jumps are going to (eg. step some jumps to snare but then some single steps in the same section)
-overall pretty good rock file

WE LUV LAMA [pokelda vs wc] [6/10]
-has a very old-school feel
-why are jumps at b41.5 and 49.5 alternating when every other time they were jumpjacks?
-don't see the need for jumps to every note from m16-20 but doesn't really matter
-i would've preferred if you stepped the 32nd rolls throughout the song like at b99.5 but that's just personal preference
-if you stepped the kick in m32 i feel like it would make the file feel more representative of the song
-don't get why you only paused the 16th hats for one set of kick rolls and not the rest in m64
-extra 16th at b288.25
-same comment as m64 at m80
-should be rolls instead of jumps at b387, also missing a jump on b388 for the crash
-m97-104 feels inconsistent with jumping between layering
-missing 16th at b451.75
-missing jumps to crashes from m153-176
-also, same problems from first stream apply here
-good attempt at an old-school file, but execution is a bit lacking

White Walls Part 1 [dore] [8/10]
-missing jump at b87.5
-not a fan of the one-handed trill made by the jump pattern in m103
-one-handed trill is also a bit iffy but not as bad since it's slower
-24th patterns in m175 could use some cleaning up
-good file - didn't drag on for being 7 minutes
-just watch out for some pattern choice - one-handed trills especially

White Walls Part 2 [dore] [8/10]
-missing a hand at b176 and b208 (seems intentional but i don't know why)
-jump seems to be missing at b240 ,261, 282, 303
-alternating jump pattern in the right hand at m80 is really awkward to hit
-missing jump at b451 to crash
-jumptrills at m221 are a bit much imo
-awesome use of one-handed trills in m252-253, this is how it should be done
-24th patterns in m259-260 may need to be revised
-i know what you're trying to do but a jack at b1098 just feels weird (same with b1114)
-another good file that also didn't drag on too long
-again, some patterns should be changed but on a whole it was great

WHO GIVES A **** (nois-or-e) [7/10]
-better than last time
-not sure why b24.5 isn't a jump when it also has the harmony line playing (and other similar instances)
-layering seems inconsistent from m13-16 - you only sometimes layer the kick
-you don't step the percussion at all from m17-24 - it's not too bad, but the section feels a bit weird only hitting the melody notes when the kick and snare are so pronounced
-not too fond of the idea of 192nd grace notes to notes that don't even have them (colour differences will be annoying)
-also for notes that do have grace notes, notes should be spaced out a bit more, like a 24th apart for the ones that start the melody and 48th for the others
-section from m25-40 also feel empty without the percussion
-same comments about emptiness for ending too
-improvement from last time, but could be better

Windy Valley (Genesis'd) (Silvuh) [7/10]
-layering from m2-17 is hard to follow - constant switching between layering and not layering the snare will confuse players
-random jump at b116.75
-missing 16th at b124.25
-same thing from m34-49, snare layering is inconsistent
-not a bad file, but inconsistencies make it not fun to play

[Resubmission] Star Wars Anthology (Sticklydude) [8/10]
-16th snare roll at b121 actually starts a beat before
-missing 8th at b153.5
-much better than before, still feels a bit repetitive though

[Resubmission] Tequila (Anaru) [7/10]
-missing jump to clap at b46, 62, 78, 90, 94, 102
-not sure why you stepped a note at b88.5 since the only thing there is a hat and you didn't step them anywhere else
-missing 12ths after b145
-missing 16th at b144.75
-not sure why beginning of m37 isn't jumps
-hands at b150 are inconsistent - you didn't use them before when there were those noises
-beginning of m38 should be kept as jacks to be consistent with the rest of the file
-missing note at b163
-jumps at m41 should still be jacks
-overall not too bad, but still needs some improvement

[Resubmission] THE LITTLE MERMAID (hi19hi19) [8/10]
-b30 should be a jump, 30.5 should be a hand, 31 should be a jump
-consider changing the jumpjacks at b38, since there's no other similar jacks in the file and it creates a difficulty spike
-i stand by my comment from last time that the heavy layering fits the aggressive tone of the song, good job

[Resubmission] World End's Yama Xanadu (0) [8/10]
-considering the only changes you made were 8th notes in the slow part and adding a hand, my notes and mark from last time pretty much apply here
"-lol this has more notes than any file in FFR apart from vrofl"
"-gets really repetitive (2nd half is pretty much the same as the first), but that's pretty much unavoidable with a song this long"
"-I would maybe suggest a cut, but that would detract from the potential of a good stamina file"
"-not many technical criticisms, although I would have stepped some snare rolls like m145, 290"
"-not much more you can do with this song, good job"

AlexDest

えっへん≦( ̄^ ̄)≧どやどす?天狗自慢(Short ver.) [MrPopadopalis25] - [+.] 7/10
- BAM BAM BAM
- Really dense file, some patterns are tough to nail but they're passable.
- Beat 358.50, shouldn't be a hand there.

Addict (Dr. Ozi Monsta r3mix) [wc] - [+] 9/10
- Really fun chart, no major errors can be made out as far as I can tell.
- At beat 210.50, better change this to an 8th-12th grace.
- Same above for beat 374.50.
- Measure 78-80, not really supportive of polyrhythms for a 7, it's better off leaving as 16ths.

Addict [wc] - [+] 9/10
- Got to say, I enjoyed this quite a lot. Using the jumps as an advantage to keep pitch relevency intact gave it a nice touch.
- For a 7, the jumps at the speed-up through measure 55-60 seem forced and surprising, better tone this part down a bit. Leave the first 3 jumps and continue with a 1234 roll.

Autumn Insomnia Session [wc vs samurai7694] - [+] 8/10
- You two really nailed this song down nicely. Good work.
- Beat 21.67 and 112.17, are missing notes.
- Beat 82.83 is a ghost note, get rid of it.
- Beat 187.25, move that 32nd down to a 16th.
- Beat 187.50, should be a 24th triplet instead of a 32nd.

Baby Still Too Fat [MarioNintendo] - [+.] 6/10
- When I played this, I thought it wasn't too bad. Seemed to get inconsistent though, but lets look into the editor.
- Beat 7.25, make this a (34) jump. Beat 7.50 didn't need to be a jump at all, make this go into a down 16th minijack.
- Beat 38.50, maybe make this a (14) jump. Just to keep consistency going.
- Beat 137.00 should be a jump for the missing clap.
- Beat 172.00, why does this lead to a minijack?
- Measure 61-62, 65-66, those shouldn't be 12ths, move the first 12th up to a 16th and the second down to a 32nd.
- Everything else seems fine. Consistency seemed to be the main issue with this file, layering wise. Otherwise, it's not too bad.

Boss Battle RX [Genocide101] - [?] 3/10
- The 24th runningmen were brutal in this file, seeing as the majority of the community plays spread, people won't enjoy trying to nail those down.
- At measure 7, start the first jump as a [14].
- There are many jump inconsistencies and PR errors after that. When you're layering, the bass is always one note and the melody is another, those two should only be a jump when they are together.
- For the 24th streams... measures 27-29 are good, maybe fix up the PR in this. Measures 31-35, are a no. Change those patterns to be like measures 27-29.
- You as well have many ghost notes in the file, slow the file down to 0.5 in certain parts to get a better understanding of what needs to be stepped. Beats 203.25 and 203.75 for example are ghost notes, remove these. There are many others. before and after that.
- Minijack on measure 54, should be a 32nd triplet followed by an 8th note at the end. Preferrably 123 4.
- Personal aesthetic, I would probably leave a silence between beats 226.00-232.50 and beats 242.00-244.00.
- As for the jumptrills, it'd be best to leave them as just trills.

Falcor [ichliebekase] - [+.] 7/10
- Not a bad file, but most of the jumps seemed to stay away from pitch relevancy with the song. Make the first 4 jumps, [12], [23], [13], [14], then go along from there.
- As for the triplets, work on these as well, perhaps make them more fluent. Such as making each start with alternating the player's hands (ex. 123, 432, 132, 423).

FAREAST HARDSTYLERZ [samurai7694] - [+.] 7/10
- For a song like this you'd expect some 16ths or 32nd rolls, but this is actually cool for an easy file. Hoping for multiple difficulties in the near future.

FFReedom [MarioNintendo] - [color=purple][PASS][color]
- I am NOT sure how to judge this at all due to the instruments of the song not being synced with other instruments, making the offset almost impossible to make out (-0.014 should be good?). Not being responsible for this.

I <3 Voltage [wc] - [+.] 7/10
- This felt very awkward at first, until I saw what you were doing. Interesting concept with making 2 melodies come together and attempting pitch relevancy on both.
- Beat 47.63 and 214.75 are missing notes.
- Beats 68.75 and 212.75 are ghost notes, get rid of them.
- Some of the 48ths at measures 21-25 could be much more fluent, these are baiting for boos and can cause bad habits to erupt easily. Especially for a 10, this is quite tougher to nail than the rest of the stepfile.

Ice [samurai7694] - [+] 9/10
- Really fun, the color gimmicks gave this file a nice touch to the song.
- Beat 155.50, shouldn't have a note there.
- Neither should beat 219.50.
- PR mistakes around measure 67, also around measure 93.

Kazoku Totalis [XxMidigamixX] - [-] 1/10
- Whoa there... calm down. This was way overdone with jumps and hands. Technicality is extremely poor in this stepfile and needs a huge revision.
- Pitch relevency issues with the hands at beats 51.00, 56.00, and 60.00.
- Measure 18, change the first two jumps to [14], and change the 3rd jump to a [34] since snares usually start with the right notes. Another note, snares stand out the most from the rest of the song so these should be layered as the jumps for now.
- Beats 69.50, 70.50, 71.00 should be single notes. Beats 71.50 and 72.00 shouldn't be hands, make them [34] jumps.
- Beats 74.50, 75.00, and 76.00 should be single notes as well.
- Beat 77.00, change to a [34] jump, beats 77.50, 78.00 change to single notes.
- The 32nd bursts are extremely dumpy and need to be more fluent for the player to hit.
- I'm done judging from there, the song does not need all these hands and jumps. When you're stepping any breakcore or DnB song, technicality is a must. Meaning bass notes as single left notes and snares as single right notes or [34] jumps. Make sure to switch these up while still maintaining technicality within the stepfile.

Key of Delete [nois-or-e] - [+.] 7/10
- On account of that ending, this would be good for a skill token lol.
- Technicality is good overall, layering good. But damn that ending is just a difficulty spike lol.
- If you really want to tone it down on the difficulty, turn some of the jacks into jumptrills/trills.

Kind im Einshlummern [Silvuh] - [+] 8/10
- Really soothing piano song, notes stepped perfectly to the song provided. Great work.

Kirlian Changes [Choofers] - [+] 8/10
- Another soothing song, expected by Flashbulb. Nothing erroneous in this file, quite an easy one.

KOMMICORE [0 vs Choofers] - [PASS]
- Okay yeah, I'm not sure how to judge this. Honestly I think the jumpstreams could be cleaned up but... eh, I want other judges to do this. Not responsible.

Leave It [Silvuh] - [+] 8/10
- You step the best easy songs haha.
- Good stuff, have to note the PR with the jumps beyond measure 33 were nice. Nothing seems to be wrong.

Magnum [samurai7694] - [+.] 6/10
- Really sure the jacks in this could be stepped as streams, minijacks at this speed is rough.
- The one handed trills right before measure 6 and the very end, it'd be best to change those.
- Measure 18-46, 12th streams would be better to play on.
- Measure 66-81, same goes for this.
- The 32nds starting at beat 321.00 is as well rough, tone this one down.

May The Triforce Be With You [woker-X] - [+] 9/10
- Excellent file, this played very well. Dense jumpstream/handstream file.
- Maybe change the minijacks to something else at beats 114.00 and 238.50.
- Nothing else to say, great job on this, enjoyed it very much.

Mmmmmmm [icontrolyourworld] - [PASS]
- I am not being responsible for this. Damn this hurts lol.

Mo-Ko-Mo-Core [hi19hi19] - [PASS]
- Er... yeah I can't judge this either.

Mostly Dark Universe [Tidus810] - [+?] 5/10
- This wasn't a bad play, it was hard to follow what notes went with the song and it seemed to run all over the place. Let's check in the editor.
- Some slight PR errors in the beginning of the song, make sure to fix these (e.g. the 16ths at beat 7.00, fix the 32nds at beat 15.00).
- Consistency is also off, you're leading some jacks into jumps, some not. Preferrably, you should seperate the jumps from that (e.g. beat 25.50).
- Beats 44.75 and 45.00, what are these jumps going to?
- Beats 60.25 and 61.25, better to not layer any more drums, it gets confusing to what goes to what.
- Beat 116.00, should be a hand.
- After beat 158.00, you're missing a bunch of hands which you were layering to before.
- Needs revision, the solos were stepped good, the consistency of layering in this file was poor.

My Favorite Shoes [Silvuh] - [+] 9/10
- This plays really well, correct technical structure and great patterns.
- Couldn't find anything wrong in the editor, so yet again, excellent job Silvuh.

Never Enough [MarioNintendo] - [+] 8/10
- A pretty nice playthrough, nothing I can make out that's wrong.
- Kind of a personal problem but, these short 32nd bursts at beat 212.50 could probably be best without the jump. Sure, they can be bs'd as a small jumptrill, but these stand out from the rest of the file.

N's Farewell [Xx{Midnight}xX] - [+?] 5/10
- Chill sounding song. It seemed nice during gameplay but I would have to recheck all the grace notes you put in, there are quite a lot that are wrong (such as beats 9.00 and 20.88)
- Missed a note at measure 18 and beat 80.75.

o [0] - [+] 8/10
- Can't really say that much for this since the song is very limited to what to step. It was a pretty nice play and had a good climaxed ending.
- Technicality in this file was correct and layering is good.

Ongyilkos Vasarnap [mi40] - [?] 3/10
- Eh... not so fond of what I just played here. It's a simple song to step and you've pretty much had a bunch of inconsistencies with technicality and layering. Let's take a look.
- Beat 2.75, just one bass note and nothing else, should be a single note. There's plenty more which you layered as jumps.
- Beat 3.00, same as above, just a snare note and nothing else.
- Beat 5.00, a bass and cymbal note, which you put only a single note. More which you have done the same afterwards.
- Beats 25.00 and 27.50, check the pitch relevancy for these notes.
- Missed a note at beat 104.50. Also don't know what beat 111.50 should be a jump.
- Beat 122.75, why did you cut off that trill?
- Beat 131.50, don't layer the violin, this is not an instrument to be acknowledged with the song. You did this many more times after that.
- There's plenty of other missing sounds you didn't step to such as beat 161.25.
- Revise this stepfile, the technicality should be worked on as well.

Phi-dentity Crisis [hi19hi19] - [+.] 7/10
- Due to its length, this starts to get more interesting as it goes by. Good play, some patterns were pretty awkward in my opinion.
- Beat 83.25 move this to a down note and beat 83.50 to a (34) jump. Just to keep left hand bias away.
- Beat 158.50, shouldn't be a hand.
- Beat 186.00, there's too many of these (123) hands that could probably be changed to fit the pitch of the other sound.
- Fairly nice file, good work on this.

Pokemon RBY Gym Battle Metal Remix [VisD] - [+?] 4/10
- Honestly, the majority of the patterns in this file are mediocre and aren't really providing anything interesting or fun. The solo was poorly done, didn't even feel much pitch relevancy there at all.
- Beat 353.00, better to just keep this part as single notes all except for beats 356.00 and 356.50.
- The jumpstream at measure 97, the drums are the most important to layer. Layering more of the guitar makes it confusing and it is barely audible.
- The consistency of the patterns are also very poor but yet seem lazy. Sorry, can't really go any further.

R176 V2 [MrPopadopalis25] - [+] 9/10
- REALLY fun, much better than the one we have in FFR currently. This would make a great second version.
- Only complaints I have are the 16th jacks starting at measure 59, please make these triplets.
- Excellent work on this though, everything flowed well and played awesomely. Probably the best file I've played so far in this batch.

Reminders [hi19hi19] - [+] 9/10
- Another fantastic file next to R176, flow was great and the song was amazing. Made a few errors.
- Right around measure 100, beat 395.50 should be a down to left polyrhythm and move the other 12th jump up to a 4th.
- Beat 410.67, move the up arrow to an 8th.
- Beat 503.67, the jump should be there, not at the 4th.
- Beat 609.67, not sure if I'm hearing it right but there should be a 12th there.

Rondo a Capriccio [Bluearrowll] - [+.] 7/10
- This played great, but noticed a couple careless mistakes in the file that were probably overlooked.
- Beat 172.50 doesn't need a 32nd grace.
- Measure 118-120, re-sync some of the notes on this.
- Beats 611.25 and 615.25 should have notes there.
- Beat 625.50 should be a jump.

S [MarioNintendo] - [+] 8/10
- This flowed pretty nicely, nothing that I can really point out in this file. Everything seems in its place and correct. Good work.

Saffron City [VisD] - [+?] 5/10
- There are quite a bunch of noticable errors in this, compared to your other file this played better but still no dice. The 24th colored rolls are a good appeal though.
- Missing a 48th grace right at measure 8.
- Beat 61.00, why is there a jump?
- For consistency, beat 72.75, change this to a (34) jump. Beat 78.00 should be changed to a (24) jump.
- Measure 24, change these 2 jumps to just single notes.
- Measure 30, this 32nd roll is 4 notes too long (there are plenty more of these later on in the file).
- Beat 117.50, the melody isn't to be layered at this point of the song, change to a single note.
- Beats 180.00, 181.00, 196.00, and 197.00, 212.00, 213.00, should have jumps.
- Revise this chart, a good song for FFR to play through until it is fixed.

Scars Left By Time [Silvuh] - [+] 8/10
- This was a good play, plays out smoothly in the beginning and goes to rough jacks. Song isn't all that appealing and didn't have that much to offer, but overall the chart is great and well crafted. Well done.

Shadows [iironiic] - [+.] 6/10
- This seemed to drag on and had a lot of copy and paste. But it wasn't bad, I wouldn't mind seeing this on FFR.
- The sync was good, nothing I can really make note of this file besides the fact of it dragging on.

Shimasen N Bass [Elite Ninja] - [+.] 7/10
- Not that bad of a file, flow is a bit weird but nothing really seems erreneous. Nice job Brandon.

Shotgun Surgery [Hateandhatred & samurai7694] - [+.] 7/10
- Flow was weird, felt like a pretty long 4 minutes. Nothing I can note wrong with this except maybe not have one hand trills in the beginning. Layering is passable, nice file.

Silent Wind [0] - [+?] 4/10
- Really can't tell what you're layering through this whole file, the bass layering is questionable. Starts to get extremely messy with jumps, unbearing to play through, and really easy to lose track. Sorry, can't let this through.

Since 1983 [DarkZtar] - [+] 9/10
- Good job with this one, stepped technically and done it well. Variety was also pretty good, nothing I can take note.

Skeletones [Brilliant Dynamite Neon] - [-] 1/10
- Glad you stepped the whole song; however, you've pretty much dumped the file with difficulty spikes and unnecessary bursts.
- Now I'm not accurate with offsets since I use the 3.9 editor to step my simfiles, but I'd say the offset would have to be -0.037.
- The speed-up and slow-down are not supposed to be so complicated.
- Many inconsistencies throughout the whole file.
- Sorry but, a definite no for this.

Solros ~Vocal~ [iironiic] - [+.] 7/10
- The patterns are still awkward and not much different from the other version, but nothing wrong with it. Could make a nice skill token, good job.

Spoils [dore] - [+] 9/10
- Really great file, nothing I can really take note. Song was awesome, really do hope to see this in game.
- Not really too fond of the 24th dual jacks at measure 47, but it's passable. Still fun to play.

Terror to Terror [TC_Halogen] - [+?] 5/10
- In my opinion, this wasn't THAT bad. Too dumpy for the members of FFR to really enjoy, so I can't let this pass by. Great effort but just way too difficult.

The Earth Blew Up v2 [Choofers] - [+] 8/10
- Better than bob bob's definitely. Very unanimous a V2 would be needed for this.
- Optional but, add 4th notes to measures 61 and 63 to the vocal, a long pause like that isn't exactly expected for this kind of song.
- Nothing that I can see wrong in this, good flow and technicality.

The First Epidemic [yo man im awesome] - [?] 2/10
- Okay, I'm sure you could do more with this song than dumping 210-225 BPM 16th jumpstream for 33 measures. At least make the stream more comfortable to play than small runningmen patterns and one hand trills.
- Between beat 102.00 and beat 117.00, what are some of these jumps going to?

The Replicator [wc] - [+] 8/10
- Great playthrough, some patterns were unexpected but this still had good flow and very nice patterns.
- Only thing to note is beat 300.33, move that down a 12th.

The Steel Monster Above the City [Reshiram] - [+] 9/10
- Maybe a bit rough with a few short bursts, but overall this was pretty well done. Excellent flow.
- Missing a note at beat 11.25.
- Bursts such as ones like at measure 49, seem harder to hit than what the rest of the file has to offer. Tone this down if you want.
- Nothing else to mention, really great job on this song.

Thrashbaath [sticklydude] - [+?] 4/10
- This wasn't very fluent and the layering was confusing.
- Starting at measure 23, you could pitch relevancy the 8ths making them jacks and make the stream into runningmen or trills.
- Measure 27, shouldn't really have a jump there since the pitch doesn't change from the jump before.
- Starting from measure 71 to 86, you should step the triplets according to the pitch relevancy. Doesn't feel right to have them just thrown in there lazily.
- Beat 342.00, honestly I don't know why you're stepping the vocals alone as jumps, better to leave them as single notes.
- From measure 96, a majority of the hands from there don't really show enough intensity of the song for them to be there.
- Needs a huge revision.

Through Peaks and Valleys [Bynary Fission] - [PASS]
- Due to Logan's slip-up, I can't really judge this. Passing it over.

To Make the End of Battle [DarkZtar] - [+] 8/10
- A good dense song and file, stepped everything technically to the song and the solos flow good.
- Missed a note at beat 119.50.

Together as One [Anaru] - [?] 3/10
- 3/5ths of the stepfile is easy to understand, but the generic and careless jumpstream at measure 23 just doesn't really make out to anything. Sorry, cannot allow this to pass.

Vampire Killer Remix [sticklydude] - [+.] 7/10
- This wasn't too bad, layering jumps and hands to accent certain instruments is a decent idea. Nothing wrong in this file but I suppose this would have been better if you stepped it technically. But, at least the layering isn't all over the place and you can actually tell what they're going to, so good effort for that.
-

Velaciela [DarkZtar] - [+.] 7/10
- Very nice play through, some parts seemed a bit awkward for the song but it's not really wrong.
- Missed jumps at beats 45.00, 53.00, 61.00, and 69.00
- Missed a note at beats 283.75 and 305.75.
- Should be a jump at beat 291.00.

Walking on Water [Silvuh] - [+] 8/10
- This was pretty neat. It had good structure and was a nice playthrough. Good work.

WE LUV LAMA [pokelda vs wc] - [+.] 6/10
- A simple file with simple patterns. Good for consistency practice.
- Beat 35.13, missed a 32nd.
- Beat 39.75, why couldn't this be a (12)(12)(12) jack?
- Measure 26-58, figured one of you two could step more in here than just putting jumps for 32 measures.
- Ghost notes: Beats 258.25, 259.25, 322.25, 323.25, 642.25, 643.25, 675.25, 706.25, 707.25.
- Beat 451.75, missing a 16th.
- Move beat 610.75 down to a 4th.
- Beat 756.00, optional, step the ending sound right here.

White Walls Part 1 [dore] - [+.] 7/10
- Well since it has been cut down, it should be passable now.
- Patterns were fun and well thought-out for this, but with it being extremely long I can't allow myself to give a higher rating than a 7.

White Walls Part 2 [dore] - [+.] 7/10
- Got to pass this one too since it is a second part. This was more brutal than the first, but still a good job and excellent effort for stepping the whole song (which is awesome by the way).

WHO GIVES A **** [nois-or-e] - [+] 9/10
- you obviously give a **** to step this neatly
- Really cool swing file. Not much to say about it except I think there shouldn't really be that many accented 192nds starting at measure 26. This played great though, excellent job Jae.

Windy Valley (Genesis'd) [Silvuh] - [+] 8/10
- I can't even point out any errors in your stepfiles. They all played great and were stepped neatly.
- Nice job with this, not much to do with this song but was still nice to play through.

[Resubmission] Star Wars Anthology [sticklydude] - [+.] 7/10
- Pretty old school, nothing I can note wrong at all. Good effort.
- Guess you don't have to resubmit again (assuming the other judges gave the same rating or higher).

[Resubmission] Tequila [Anaru] - [+?] 4/10
- Layering is all over the place with this stepfile.
- Beat 39.25, shouldn't be a jump.
- Beat 46.00, missed a jump (there's plenty more of the same error).
- Beat 50.75, why a jump?
- Beat 55.00, same as above.
- Can't even go any further, overrun with inconsistencies and errors.

[Resubmission] THE LITTLE MERMAID [hi19hi19] - [+.] 7/10
- What am I playing lmfao.
- The heavy layering is good for a song like this I suppose, too short of a file though.
- Nothing I can really note wrong, hilariously good haha.

[Resubmission] World End's Yama Xanadu [0] - [+.] 7/10
- Goddamn long lol.
- Looks good, everything seem in its place, flow was good.
- Measure 105, should be a hand there.
- Measure 308, should be a single note.

Last edited by bmah; 06-22-2012 at 02:41 AM..