VisD
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Tournament 13 Batch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Judge: TC_Halogen

Ani Mevushal (VisD) [8/10]
Artist: Infected Mushroom & Bliss -- Perms: OK (Label)

- offset changed to -7.408
- aha this opening, I love it
- 25.304: move to R (the effect produces three repeated notes here)
- 34.718/etc: listen a bit more carefully to what you’re following here; not all of your minijacks are correct
- 1:13.837: mmmm, not the cleanest of song cuts here; you may want to consider doing a crossfade cut to transition into this a bit more cleanly since you’re cutting from two very different spots (reach out if this is difficult and I might be able to help you make this work); your sync gets a tiny bit off after this cut as well (
- 1:39.906: I quite like this buildup, good choices on the layering shift and patterning
- 1:51.492: I don’t think all of these flams are correct - the snare is punchy and kinda gives it a feel like it’s disjointed on a lower rate, but it’s not as apparent when playing at 100%; the kicks on the 8ths are fine with the flams, though.
- 1:53.147: in general, pitch relevance in this last section can be improved a bit - for example, 1:53.871 should be a D since you started the sequence of repetition with a [R]-[D]-[L] and the difference in the first and second repetitions implies a [R]-[u]D-[L] - there are others as well
- this is a good file; it’s got the right energy and is pretty all-encompassing in what it tries to test the players
Thanks for the review!
Replies:
- 34.718/etc: is/are there a specific spot(s) you can name when the minijacks are off? I really really slowed this down and listened to this part a lot to make sure they are right. Some of them are pretty debatable and have very minor pitch shifts, but in general the flow feels right to me.

- 1:13.837: I know . The funny thing is, this is actually already a crossfade (you can hear the little scales going softer even while the vocals start kicking in louder) and the best I could do after a bunch of attempts in Audacity.

- 1:51.492: True, the 4th flams are not as noticeable. However, I can definitely still hear them and this type of delayed percussion hit seems to me definitely a motif that IF&B had with the percussion in this song (see the bit from 32.230)

Will get fixes in soon!