psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament 13 Batch Notes

Judge: TC_Halogen

Eine Kleine Funkmusikk (M0nkeyz) [7.5/10]
Song Artist: Teetow -- Perms: OK (Creative Commons)

- 2.692: missing jump for kick?
- 11.332: this jump’s out of place since there’s no kick here - if you’re following the heavier bass on top of what you were already following, then you’re missing notes at 10.852, 12.652, (etc).
- 12.292/12.772: missing jump for kick?
- 26.272: missing 32nd note
- 33.412: move to [DR] for better pitch relevance (you actually do this properly on your first instance!)
- 35.092: technically a missing jump for snare
- 56.212/56.452: use two different jumps here; the most prominent instrument on the soundscape doesn’t repeat, so it seems weird to have them
- 57.892: definitely get the purpose of what you did here, but minijacks are not a proper application here
- 1:03.292/1:04.012/(etc): missing jump
- 1:06.772 to 1:29.812: a fair amount of this is copy/pasted from the first instance (probably around 40-50% of it), and structural issues with missing jumps appear to hold true a second time as a result
- 1:29.572: missing jump here as well
- 1:44.922: this flourish is arguably accurate if you’re trying to catch the organ that tries to fade in here, but a wiser decision might be to accent the percussion that transitions into this section (if you do that, this rhythm will need to change)
- 1:45.292: I can definitely see the pitch relevance to the bass on the 16ths, but the jumps creating minijacks is a bit of a strange structural choice given that a bit later, those minijacks disappear… it is sensibly placed because it acts as a bridging accent between the kicks/snares being a 16th apart -- but again, it kinda disappears very soon (1:49.372)
- 1:52.132: accent that organ!
- 1:58.612: improve the PR here, you’re in a melody-accented section, definitely give it the attention it deserves
- 2:03.832: missing 32nd here
- 2:04.742: ahaha, love this
- I feel like this chart is technically just a touch outside of acceptable; however, the effort put into making this super enjoyable for mid-level players really deserves commendation here and I feel like this is a nice addition to the OT, despite having some errors at times

Jump Up, Super Star! (TLT Remix) (gold stinger) [7.5/10]
Song Artist: The Living Tombstone -- Perms: OK

- 23.160: purple is technically the right color, but why are you pushing it back so much here?
- 42.314: when reducing rhythms, it should be something that is sensible to the player who might not be the most rhythmically inclined -- I don’t think this choice of reduction is quite good with the respect to the music
- for the chorus(es): if the aim is to accent the vocals, I think the jumps should be removed aside from the initial crash that starts the section, because your deliverance in avoiding consecutive 16ths places precedence on the jumps and avoids certain key notes in the vocal line (46.983, 49.336, etc)
- 1:12.424: consecutive 16ths are a thing?
- some choices in rhythmic reduction are questionable, but the chart generally delivers
- highly approachable, hopefully usable since it’s a bit easy

Pizza Hat (M0nkeyz) [7/10]
Song Artist: Teetow -- Perms: OK (Creative Commons)

- jump usage feels a bit inconsistent at times
- pitch relevance as a whole can be improved
- 24ths/64ths swing seems to inconsistently go in and out, but it’s not really a big deal
- 1:17.636: this feels like an improper song cut, but I’m not certain
- overall, this chart feels right to play; unfortunately, it’s also a bit draggy because in general, the pace doesn’t change too much
- file’s alright - I do appreciate the approach and rhythms are basically perfect from start to finish on the finer details, but I feel like it could use a bit more variation both in patterns and structure

vibe (Qrrbrbirbel) [6/10]
Song Artist: Holly Waxwing -- Perms: OK (self-provided)

- rhythmically, this file is accurate
- 16.620: the last few white notes here feel a bit strange
- this file is an absolute mess, but not because it’s a lot of errors -- the structure lacks restraint and literally does everything it can to accent -literally- everything while subsequently avoiding layering
- the file gets a bit convoluted at times because there are a lot of seemingly insignificant 192nd flams that really don’t deserve the attention compared to the rest of the structure (36.124, 38.267, 39.933, etc). The things for the clicks and the 96th three note blips make sense and I understand the approach.
- 32nd jacks or any equivalents are 252 BPM 16ths, no thank you
- 1:12.790/1:13.981: yikes
- 1:16.719: these anchors are neat, but there’s an unaccommodated sample at the termination points (1:17.314/1:21.124/1:24.933)
- this file has potential to be very unique, but it needs some more structural control

Where’s Bill (mi40) [6/10]
Song Artist: Venetian Snares -- Perms: OK

- 8.454: ghost note
- 18.749: jump should be delayed slightly
- 28.022: given that you’re not accenting any of the other notes like this here, this single U stands out like a sore thumb
- 39.545: missing note
- 41.454/41.726: missing notes for vocal samples
- 58.431: accuracy on color trills could be a bit better
- 1:02.795: not sure what’s audible here for a jump
- 1:23.522: kinda like 18.340 (where you do this nicely), there’s different tones in the buzzing here, so you should be kinda playing around with inversions/spins on top of the rolls to keep the motion the same but the visual different (most people are going to be jumptrilling this)
- 1:25.772: there’s four pronounced differentiated kicks in this sequence, so I believe a jump should be added here
- 1:59.522: incorrect rhythm
- 2:01.158: check these rhythms as well
- 2:16.704/2:16.840: these should likely be singles to better accompany the jumps immediately before, since the sound you’re following here is all alone and cut off as well
- 2:24.749: ghost notes
- 2:39.954: missing note for synth
- 3:27.067: should be a different triple if we’re paying attention to the distorted synths
- 3:30.885: not quite correct; you’ll be using 3/64 here
- 3:37.022: missing snare after this, sounds approximately 1/32 later
- 3:38.795: jumps need to be delayed a bit here, they’re not quite accurate with the 4/8/16 notations
- 3:40.022/etc: why did you opt out of following the snares here? The timings for the jump aren’t quite correct anyway with what you’ve done
- 3:52.431: very nice buildup, feels very properly intense
- 4:38.863: still quite audible sound pushing through here, though I understand the omission
- 4:47.999: this jump should be a 16th earlier
- in general: there are a LOT of jumps in this chart, some of which aren’t the most clearly utilized
- spend a little bit of time going through your chart and getting a sense of where all of the harder kicks represented as jumps are and make sure that’s all you’re hitting with jumps -- more specifically, just make sure you have a bit more clarity in your structure. I get that this song is extremely heavy and punchy throughout, but the layering can be a bit cleaner as a whole.
- clean up the misrhythms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl