View Single Post
Old 05-3-2009, 05:56 AM   #5
Wyde
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Wyde
Default Re: Dancing Rain 2 (ps I'm sorta betur nao :V)

I actually downloaded a couple of these files a while ago. I had been meaning to comment but I kept putting that off. i r lazyy

Anyways, I've already looked at Aquatic Base and White Acropolis. My opinions on the two are rather different. I'll start with the former, and I have to admit there were a fair few things I disliked. Stepping the echoing of the piano threw me off on a regular basis, and I have to object to the bursts you threw in. Technically accurate I guess, but this is supposed to be a 10 footer right? 24th and 32nd bursts at 162 BPM do not a good 10 footer file make. I would have just put freezes in there myself. The intro and end were ok though, even if a bit simplified, and I think there was only one arrow that forced me to double step, namely the right arrow at the start of bar 14. Should have been a left really. Overall, I reckon it could have been much better.

White Acropolis I have a slightly better opinion of, mainly because it seems to flow better. It's not without it faults though, as there are many more patterns that can result in a double step (see bar 25 for example). Additionally, there seem to be many places where you're stepping barely audible parts of the song such as bars 17-21. Otherwise, imo it's not too bad, even though it is nowhere near a 12. More like a 10 I reckon.

Interesting bit of trivia: I've stepped both of these songs now, even though they're unreleased. Don't suppose you're up to give an opinion on my efforts are you? :P

brb downloading moar filez