View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 04:14 AM   #6
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity
Default Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilerific)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
1) Rebuilt. Simple as that. Probably reformed due to not needing major protection any longer.

2) Continued on with teaching? Why wouldn't they?

3) The Order of the Phoenix = Anti-Voldemort organization. With Voldemort gone, the organization has no purpose and thus disbands. The Weasleys probably mourn the losses felt, but move on with their lives.

4) Aurors? Normal people? Who knows. Again, with Voldemort gone, the only job Harry ever wanted probably became meaningless. How many Dark Wizards would there be with the fall of Voldemort, after all?

5) Me too.

@Hallows: Harry had all three as he approached Voldemort in the forest, therefore making him the Master of Death. You knew he didn't die for a reason, right? With the stone, the cloak, and the wand all in his "command", he possessed the rights to all three Hallows and thus became the Master of Death, giving him the choice of whether to die or to live without the part of Voldemort's soul in him.

@Snape: It was obvious he wasn't. Dumbledore had faith in him throughout every book.

@Kreacher: He was in the movie. Not really shown a lot, but he was in the movie.

@Mirror: Simple. "Sirius wanted you to have this."
Well, by the Order of the Phoenix, I didn't mean the group itself, but rather what became of the members. As for the Weasleys, it's got much more interest into it than you made it out to. For example, with the ministry crumbled, what happens to Mr. Weasley? Obviously the Ministry will be rebuilt, where will his new job lie? Did George continue with his shop, or move onto something else? Was Bill made to have more werewolf tendencies? Was George ever married? I'd also have liked to know more about Luna Lovegood. As for the professors, I should have been more clear, I would like to know which one became Headmaster, etc. Basically I was hoping J.K. Rowling would go more in depth on the aftermath of everything, rather than an Epilogue that seemed more like fan fiction than part of the novel to me.

As for Harry's job, an Auror would still be viable, I suppose. There will always be Dark Wizards. Saying "How many Dark Wizards would there be with the fall of Voldemort, after all?" is like saying "How many communists will there be now that Marx is dead?"

Also, with the Hallows, I just put together that when he died he was already in control of the Wand. I guess I didn't think about how long ago he had won over Malfoy's wand.

As for the movie, I never saw Kreecher, so I guess I missed something. I'll have to go again I suppose. As far as the mirror, I suppose they could make Kreecher present to him on Sirius's orders. ("If I die, give Harry this mirror, blablablabla")

With Snape, I was hoping that Dumbledore was wrong, effectively making him less omniscient than he seemed. Paired along with the fact of him wanting the Hallows for personal reasons and his former interest in controlling Muggles, I think it wasn't out of the question.

flawofhumanity is offline   Reply With Quote