View Single Post
Old 05-3-2015, 02:48 AM   #22
llyair
Wiki Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: [API] FFR API Beta

So I'm not sure where to ask, but just wondering if it would be possible to change ranks (action=ranks) to return raw score instead of, or in addition to, combo score?

The thing is that ranks (action=ranks) isn't really usable (at least for getting PA), since about 1/3 of the scores are missing the "good" property and also have a "combo" of 0. Previously, when some songs were only missing "good", it could be solved by using the combo scoring formula (found this after some digging around the site):
score = combo*1000 + perfects*550 + goods*275 + averages*55 - misses*310 - boos*20. But now that two variables are missing, I don't know how to determine PA at all.

For an API solution, not sure if it'd be simpler to include/replace the "score" property as raw instead of combo (since then the raw scoring formula could be used), or if it would be worth it to investigate why "good" is sometimes missing. Or maybe there are other ways to figure this out, or at least solve for PA. Just some random thoughts from someone outside, in case it helps XD

But getting the PA through the API can be useful, for example in score recovery, when checking level ranks against the scores that noname manually gathered from the forums. (Unless the checking isn't actually useful, but that's what I was using trying to use the API for anyway).

So yeah xD I just wanted to leave these thoughts/ideas in here!
llyair is offline   Reply With Quote