Thread: GAH I'm fat
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #31
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

Default Re: GAH I'm fat

I'm more of a weight gaining expert then a weight losing one haha.

Went from 110 155 in 5 months while actually staying the same bodyfat
anyways the main thing to know if you are trying to bulk up is get your amino acids and protein, calories all that stuff. Get a lot of carbs but half of them can be bad carbs and it will benefit you mass wise in a healthy way. If you already had good carbs eat ice cream for example and those carbs will help. Get some bcaa(branch chain amino acid) pills at a store and take as see fit with meals and what not. I ate about double calories of what i should have if I didn't work out so I had about 4000 calories a day. Probably 100 grams of protein a day, sometimes more but that was my minimum goal and very easy to do.
The equally important balance to all this is the workout. You need to workout right or none of this should apply to you or you will probably just be unhealthy haha. Just get a good full body workout in for the first 2 weeks so your nervous system can adjust a little. Then start breaking it down into parts. Do legs one day and upper body or whatever. Then further down the line break it up into more parts. For example I did shoulders/triceps/chest one day, back, biceps abs the other and legs the third followed by 2 days of rest. It really doesn't matter too much that is just one example and the most important thing is to switch everything up every time you feel like you are about to plateau(basically stop getting stronger)
This doesn't matter a huge amount at first but in the end if you want to gain healthy weight you will want to focus on strength rather then looks and actual muscle, as you will gain more muscle just trying to lift like a strength athlete. This is the natural and fastest and healthiest way to gain muscle and just remember the number one thing I had to when I gained weight, You probably need to eat more