View Single Post
Old 11-1-2017, 05:13 AM   #1
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default The Last Step Pack (Submissions Open)

I was gonna do something else with this, but to be honest, it's just not panning out how I'd like it to.

So, I'm just gonna make it similar to James May's packs (shoutouts). Except that I'd like to take 10 - 20+ or so submissions of files to go with these I'm making.

Deadline for submissions will be when my files for the pack are finished.

Guidelines:

1. Files do not need to be a collab with me, however if you're interested in doing so, pming me or messaging me on discord is prob the way to go.
2. Already released files are fine, but would prefer unreleased. (Do tell me if it's been released and where though please just so I know. It has zero bearing on acceptance.)
3. Dumps are allowed, though I'd limit it to say one per person.
4. One difficulty is fine. More than one is appreciated.
4.5 There is no set difficulty range for this pack. Submit what you'd like.
4.7 Solo files are allowed and encouraged, but I'm not going to be as capable on the feedback front.
5. The only changes I will make to your file are ones you allow, or simply the difficulty / song preview. If you do not want me to change your preview, let me know and it will be left alone.

Send submissions to LastStep333@Gmail.com.
- All submissions must now be sent to this e-mail so both of us have access.
- PLEASE for making it easier on me later send submissions with the name as such: Song name (Simauthor name).
- I will try to ensure I have the correct version of your simfile before release.

All information on submitted files will be in post #2.

My works:

Complete /w graphics (1/?):

The Last Step
Boss Battle (Has chart left out of Xoon Legacy)
Pardoner's Dance (Two extra files.)
00000 (Has slightly altered mines to make it better)
you don't have to be autistic to play a xelnya file, but it certainly helps (Dump file of a goreshit song with a changed title for laughs)

Done (Needs graphics) (5/?):

Nightfall (Original Mix)
anticrystal
Destroy [X-Mod]
Destroy [Normal]
Simian
Where You Are Not ~Curtain Fall~ V2

WIP (4/4):

ITAEWON (Needs a banner)
Kindred, the Eternal Hunters [Solo + 4K]
Marigold
Storm the Gates
Myositosis V2 - Rechart of an X-Mod file, with no X-Mods.

Random other stuff I think is important:

- In case you're curious the quality of notes I will be giving with your simfile submissions, here's an example:

2.757 & 3.565 - There's a missing 48th for the strings, but if you wanted to avoid putting it there you can justify a super small hold (a 48th long hold would do, it's really just to show this note exists, and it can be justified with the "duh" of the lowest string being drawn out slightly.)
* 5.065 - The note needs to shift down to be a 64th
* 5.304 -Shift down to be a 192nd to be on 5.327
13.111 & 15.838- You could justify a jump here to give them strings some emphasis to help the build up
22.588, 23.679, 23.952, 25.315, 26.406, 26.697 - Missing 16th
25.452 - I think this is also a missing 16th but there's a jumpy sort of note here, so I can't quite place my ear on it.
27.020 - To make this part a tad more interesting, and standout, you could add a 16th held note on these ends to make it pop a little more. Though not adding them doesn't change much, it'd just be a more nice touch imho.
33.293 - I think I get why this is only, one but I'd seperate it to two maybe because it is two words / sylables. It'd seperate @33.838 if you wanted to do that. But I think this one is fine? Seems like this file's meant to slap people who aren't paying attention
* 36.770 - There's a missing 16th here that can be a jack or more three note js stuff. (I'd lean to the nonjack option given the BPM but you know, fuck their AAA.)
* 41.133 - Missing 16th that isn't a jack 100% of the time.
- ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR if you're skipping the hi-hat sounds you'd ignore the last two notes.
43.111 -You could totes make all of these 32nd holds, and then make the last note a jump as a semi-transition into the next section. But the jump's a bit iffy and more a preference.
44.474 - 52.792 - This section's fuckin' cool.
52.929 - This can become a quad, but it doesn't need to be.
68.133 - Missing 16th
69.292 - Short mini holds in this pause section would help it slap more. But again, preference on this.
83.065 - The singles here could become jumps in sort of a (starting from the [34]: [23] [12] [12] [134] and it's hit harder and emphasize the wubz.
99.531 - You could be a real ass hat and put a 32nd in here.
- Some people might comment on how the ending intentionally neglects notes in favor of hands, and I can see why they'd say it. But I enjoy this as it is, it's a nice blend of most of what this file has to offer condensed down into one final section, and TBH I think it's subjectively one of the best ways to end this file.
115.929 - You could hold them strings, if you made certain other changes like the ones I mentioned for earlier in the file, I'd do these as holds. If not, you cvan leave 'em how they are and most people wouldn't really care enough to notice.

None of this is based on a playtest as it's out of my range, but it LOOKS solid patterning wise to me.

- Most notes will be not required if accepted, it's just me trying to get some practice in giving notes (because it's pretty fun). Though some files I won't do notes for if they're strong enough. I will suggest that if your file is a difficulty 22 on Etterna or higher, you may want to get it play-tested elsewhere, as I won't be able to help much in that regard sadly.
Assuming things go how I want, there's actually a reason for the pack name.
- I'll start seeking graphics help halfway to the end of the submission date. However, if you'd like to do graphics on accepted files earlier than that, I'd be more than happy to give you the info you need to do so.

Last edited by XelNya; 02-19-2018 at 11:45 AM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote