Old 07-8-2018, 12:42 PM   #49
RenegadeLucien
FFR Veteran
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Entropy Gain for per-receptor NPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
If you take total nps only, Death Piano's ending roll and trill are the same difficulty but obviously it's not the case. Per-receptor nps will clearly make the difference and rate the trill much higher than the roll.
I wasn't talking about per-receptor NPS. Of course that is important, and my algorithm already covers it since it measures the distance between notes on the same receptor (in fact, in its current state, it freaks out at the DP megatrill and rates it higher than Undici). I was talking about the per-receptor spikiness that you had been describing in your last few posts. I don't know if there are any files where per-receptor spikiness add any difficulty that isn't accounted for by per-receptor NPS or distance between two notes on the same receptor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx
Is it safe to assume that any section with a high nps (x) on {3} and a lower nps on {4} is Harder than having x nps on both {3} and {4} ? Any counterexample is welcome.
Mostly, as long as the nps on 4 is high enough. I don't really think, say, a long 3 jack with one random {34} jump (ex. AIM Anthem) in the middle is harder than a long {34} jack.

RenegadeLucien is offline   Reply With Quote