View Single Post
Old 05-8-2020, 12:49 PM   #19
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 194 - Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Since we're having a meta conversation courtesy of FG...

FFRTWG as a whole is a really strong server. Anyone who's played anywhere else and came back here has said the same thing. We're the only mafia server that exists that has sent as many reps to World Finals as there are seasons of MU World Champs.

All of that is worth being proud of. Our sitemeta as a whole prides itself on optimal plays. Which is great, but people play differently. So what ends up happening is the players that fit within the sitemeta get listened to, and people with a different play style don't. That's the only thing I'd change. Do I think we need to be more open to town fake claims? No, I think they aren't optimal town play and there's always a better way of making a case. We have the record we have for a reason, and the meta on here IS solid.

And the way that our consideration of other playstyles as a whole can change is simple. Everyone here already knows that optimal play and town play aren't the same thing: townies make suboptimal plays and wolves can make optimal town plays to get townread. But what knowing that has produced thus far towards different playstyles is an attitude of "I read you town but I'm gonna ignore your thoughts". That's what's bad. So we all need to look in the mirror and ask ourselves if that pride of being a "strong player who gets listened to" results in that attitude of dismissal. Because it shouldn't. If they're town, then the different perspective they offer is always gonna be beneficial to talk about.

We all also need to look in the mirror and ask ourselves if our "different play style" encourages discussion, or just results from frustration from people reading you wrong. Because what we can ALL do is share the why and the how of what we believe. Meaning if I think player X is scum, I gotta build my case rationally and not on the assumption that I'm obviously town and he's obviously scum.

If both the people that play to site meta and people that don't can do those things, then we'll be a much better site as a whole.
i agree wholeheartedly with this post
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)