View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #24
ItsOnlyDanO
Stuck in the past
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
Way to understate the effects our weather has. Not only does it snow more than that but difference with other countries is that it often melts and then refreezes which is pretty dangerous for any kind of traffic. Since it's not full on snowfall like in canada or w/e it's hard to prepare well for this because it's unpredictable weather (which is why a lot of public transport has issues in these regions during this time of year). It's the same here in my country (Netherlands) and everything becomes slippery as fuck. It's even worse when it snows over again cause then you can't even see where the ice is. Not so much a problem in the busy traffic areas but the areas that are calm are a low priority so very little or no salt or anything is laid out on the roads there. I cycle a lot if I want to go anywhere and cycling through this becomes terribly exhausting and tedious because you're constantly trying to keep your bike straight going over bumpy iceroads only to slip and fall anyway.

I hate winter.
I would have thought that we would be more prepared for it now though, considering we have had snow this time of year for the last 3/4 years. I can understand that perhaps the first few years we couldn't do alot, but now we should be more aware of this kind of thing and now when it does come people are just gonna complain about it, theres going to be no real gritting strategy so transport is going to be a nightmare, it just seems like we need more organisation.

Also black ice sucks. Like REALLY sucks.
ItsOnlyDanO is offline   Reply With Quote