View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 11:55 AM   #10
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Regular Batch May/June 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
For the record, judges are in no way required to give you specific notes at all. Go look at some really old reviews, people would reject and give a one liner. Their job is to decide whether or not the content is acceptable to put in to FFR, we've tried to improve and offer more feedback now a days than in the old times but nobody has to give you any specifics.
Also, I just looked at the review and it looks to me that some examples were in fact given brief or not it's not like you were just given nope/10 with no context at all.

Now on to the appeal process, you should have reached out to me if you had an issue and I would have assigned another judge to take a look at it. Trying to be passive aggressive in the comments in there and here is not the way to go about it and will never help the situation.
first off, i didn't mean to come off as passive aggressive, i'm legitimately looking for additional feedback since there's not much for me to go off of on the review that halogen gave me and a 6/10 means there's some stuff fundamentally wrong with the file in a lot of areas. trust me, i used to be a lot worse when it comes to reacting to criticism, lol

as for the appeals process i didn't realize there was one, so if halogen doesn't have any additional comments about the file for me saved somewhere, since it's such a short file, i wouldn't mind some additional feedback from another judge. like i'm honestly not looking for a re-scoring or anything, just some additional feedback is fine by me, lol. because in my eyes 6/10 signals at least 3-4 separate points of improvement, you know? but idk maybe thats just me

again, "since i'm obviously never getting a response from tc_halogen since he's a very busy person and probably doesn't check back on individual submissions" wasn't meant to be passive aggressive, im pretty sure i remember him saying somewhere that he's been doing like 70 hour workweeks. so yeah