View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 07:10 AM   #18
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik
Default Re: Some questions.(About DDR and ITG)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the lawsuit launched due to the fact that ITG was originally an upgrade box (known as a boxor) that was sold on the sole basis that it was installed into a DDR cabinet. Dedicated cabinets weren't available until ITG2 so basically Roxor was being sued on the account that they were using Konami cabinets to sell their product. Andamiro got busted doing the same thing and I can't fathom why Roxor thought they could get away with it.

It has nothing to do with "they're both dance games." That would be like saying no more games can have guns in them because x game does, you can't kill enemies by jumping on them because x game, you can't display scores onscreen because x game does.

I mean, come on, Data East can win a court case over CAPCOM through the Fighter's History vs. Street Fighter II fiasco. The games are so similar it's blatant and pretty much insulting. But because no trademarks were breached (basically names are changed and appearances differ slightly), it was ruled that Fighter's History could be sold.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote