View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 02:48 PM   #1218
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 192: Sunfan's Cool Game Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Plop, sounds like if I don't stop pressuring Haku and Storn then he'll scum read me or something
Not true! I was talking about you rejecting alternative possibilities based on the strength of your conviction. It sounds more like, "That's bullshit because my take is so right that it's impossible for anything else to be true!" instead of giving both sides the benefit of the doubt, weighing them, then deciding on the one you believe in more.

For example, this part of your haku scenario breakdown:

Quote:
After it becomes clear town is too confused by this masterful scheme, he comes clean that he was drawing a night kill, because he's town and being killed on purpose as town is pro town. He also doesn't want to sub out apparently, until the moment he actually does.
What he did was objectively anti-town, but townies can screw up and be anti-town. I can see what he did stemming from a townie mindset: you know the heat is on you, you know you won't be around for EoD, so you get anxious and softclaim to prevent a mislynch. And as far as the baiting and fishing and even not replacing out stuff goes, I'm pretty certain that was him screwing around and having fun in his own way. I don't think he viewed the first phase as being too serious, or at least not so serious that he wouldn't dare screw around.

Or take this response here:

Quote:
You are the last person qualified to tell anyone where to vote
Instead of asking storn to clarify why he'd suggest we avoid voting for certain people, you just write him off. It's like you've made up your mind and that's that.