Old 12-24-2018, 11:42 AM   #76
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: actually controversial opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
Pro tip for convos, just ask people a bunch of questions about them and seem interested in it and they'll be happy

If ur worried about looking like a fool during convo, ur talking to the wrong people imo

#autismstrats
That’s how I generally start something, by asking the right questions. I am not personally worried about looking like a fool, because it is a learning process, as you take in more information from a situation. I try to wait before sharing my full opinion of something, because I have to figure out what exactly we’re talking about first. I’d rather be a bit more careful than to make assumptions, which I feel like a lot of extroverts can make a bad habit from.

My last boss, and current manager, it’s like their amygdala is firing too much, and they think they know the full story of a situation before they have a chance to absorb the entire context of that situation. It can mislead their plan of action, and often I’m having to correct for their mistakes.

Granted, the things they are good at and do know from experience, are things they are quickly able to pull out and use. For that, I am a bit envious. But it’s not like I haven’t been developing those skills, and will continue to improve my ability to evaluate a situation quickly and effectively (usually by paying attention to underlying causal factors as a situation develops)

This isn’t actually controversial tho but hi I made a post

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote