View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 08:21 AM   #1
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

Default My So-Called Life [72 or 74/75]

I believe this file is deserving of, at minimum, a 74 rating and here's why:

-The main reason is for the stamina required to score well on this song. This song is 4:01 long, with 2551 notes, and about 3 minutes of that being relentless stream with jumps, jump trills, and a few rolls. What makes it even more tiring is the fact that the most intense part of the song occurs right around the 3:00 mark.

Since the big issue I have with this song is stamina, I tried to compare it to higher rated songs that are more stamina based, rather than technical files. These files include: Aim Burst (73), Gotta Catch 'Em All (73), Final Fantasy Last Battle Festival (73) and Lightning Strikes Again - Metal Squad. Every one of these files I have listed all have both higher AAA counts, as well as FC counts.

Also, I was looking through stats of other 75 rated songs (not necessarily stamina based) for example Trisection v2, Mirage Garden (Long Version), and Of Course You Need and...NEED ME, and all of those also have higher AAA counts as well as FC counts.

With all that said, I think My So-Called Life is worthy of a minimum of a 74 rating, and even a 75 rating would be appropriate.
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote