View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 12:26 AM   #82
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 204 - Forest Feast POST-GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Yes, and it works the other way too. If the modkill is a town that lowers villagers to be equal to threats then the game should end there as well

I don't know why you're refusing to acknowledge the wording that I want the game to end when a win condition is achieve. This seems extremely straight forward to me; an obvious course of action for a game with any win condition

I don't. We've played that way enough times to know that this community will keep subverting to expectation of engagement and abuse coming in at the last second to stay I the game without any real engagement.

How many EODs have we played where no real discussion can happen because of inactive players, waiting to see if a vote in there slot will matter, only to see people it both alignments pop in 10 before cutoff with a series of 5 one-line posts that contribute nothing but enable their slot to continue to exist for another 78 hours?

Countless.

It isn't fun. It isn't engaging. It doesn't allow the majority of players to actually deduce the game and instead forces established best practices of dealing with those players----gameplay by reaction, not gameplay by engaging. It's ass, it makes it to where I don't want to play the game. I don't care what's technically more balanced at that point because the community at large is literally supporting players abusing the game to lock out the core spirit of it all by refusing to engage.

Wolves got so many free wins for this, where was the outcry then that the balance needed adjusting?

Killing inactives an hour out at least preserves EoD to the people willing to play it. I don't think it skews the balance too far one way or another (especially compared to certain roles and rules we've used over the years) and it's only been used twice, so until we start seeing wolves auto-losing to it repeatedly I don't see why this can't be the standard.

What it seems to me us that you don't want one player's action to completely change the game in an instant, but you fail to realize that's been happening the entire time---it was just a slow, unfun, agonizing ordeal before and now it's actually something people can play around.

Yeah.

Wolves don't want town to get two lunches? Play the game
Town doesn't want to lose two people and possibly lose before Lylo? Play the game
Both sides want to avoid that third fraction from taking out crucial targets? play the game

You don't play the game then you lose. Again, this seems pretty straight forward to me
your first point is acknowledged
it would be pretty silly since wolves could basically out themselves and lolcat for 90 minutes otherwise
I'm trying to balance the evil of modkills essentially revealing a player's alignment before it is supposed to

fwiw you're like... playing TWG right now when you're reading my posts. I'm not refusing to acknowledge anything; I'm trying to understand exactly what you're saying and exactly what shado is saying and exactly what dbp is saying et al. Relax

the next point is more of a player thing, but I think its the best argument for modkills/replacements before EOD rather than at them.

A good bit of the time that people do that, they die tbh. The most clear example of that in my mind is Tokzic in the most recent Fire Emblem game. Him coming back to the thread with ~10 minutes left got him piled when it appeared that he wasn't going to improve beyond this.

People have been complaining about inactivity since long before any of us (aside from TPS I guess) played werewolf on this website. It is a losing battle, historically. I welcome any and all arguments/suggestions/etc for improving this, but the short of it is that inactivity will always exist. Also, fwiw, the game is neither more or less balanced by what you're talking about, or maybe I don't understand what you're saying.

Wolves letting town get two lynches is outside of their control if all wolves are active (which tbh is more likely than not). Sure, people should just play the game, but I think you're sidestepping my point about the fairness of modkills replacing/not replacing the lynch with that.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.