View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 09:46 PM   #5
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG 190 Postgame

You can defend your choice to stick with replacements in this game but you can't really defend the practice/continuing them.

The entire point of a post minimum is to ensure the game can actually be played by everyone by setting an expectation of about what amount of content a player is expected to contribute.

If a player fails to do this, replacing them doesn't actually solve the issue that they did nothing previously, it just passes the buck to another player.

Modkilling at least forces information (the flip) in the open. And since the game needs information to be played that's a better outcome.

I get that no one wants their side to lose because players won't play and yeah, I agree the game gets ruined when players don't play. At least with modkilling inactive can either be scared to trying or if not the game can go ahead and end. You seriously trying to tell me replacing people 3 times and watching the game bleed out is better then just offing people who won't contribute to a game about contributing and figuring out information?

Granted a lot of this could be solved by the community just shitting on low posters early game and either discourage players from trying to fly utr or discourage them from signing up next time and pulling the same stint, but something something 48 hours may not be enough give them some time something meh lynch infornation

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter