View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #693
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru
Default Re: World of Warcraft

My guild messed up Naxx this week too. Many of our guild members have alts and they recently hit 80. Because of the recent influx of new healers and tanks, most of our healers and tanks brought their alts. The result was we had people who weren't as well geared to tank and heal the fights to tank and heal them. Some of them weren't just well geared, they lacked experience, which was a crippling factor. We still swept through the bosses as if they were nothing, but once we got to KT, we started having trouble.

First of all, we had a shadow priest who thought he had to run to the healers when he got mana bombed. When the mana bomb goes off, the healers take damage equal to the amount of mana he had. That wasn't good because we keep all our healers in the middle. Also, my friend, one of our off-tanks never did this fight before, so he wasn't completely sure what to do. He believed the top priority was to keep sunders up because he wanted to increase melee dps. However, this caused him to die most of the time and by the time spiders came out, the healers were hard pressed to keep the tank alive since he had to take all 4.

After a while, people decided to leave and we 18 people. By now, everyone had a lot more experience, including my friend. We tried to 18 man KT. The first attempt, we got him down to 400k hp because my friend ran to the otherside to pick up spiders because he didn't see spiders spawn an his side. It's a good think the other tank was on top of it and picked up the ones on his side, but it caused several people to die in the process. The second attempt, we got really unlucky. My friend managed to pick up two like he was supposed to. However, when KT was at 25%, he got iceblocked. We tried to heal him like mad, but even the healers couldn't keep him up and he died. After losing aggro, I had to pop fade or the spiders would hit me. The other tank picked up the other two, but he couldn't put out enough threat to keep the spider aggro off me when fade ended, so I died. Because we were down one healer, leaving the Paladin and the two oom healers left, we couldn't make it through. We got him down to ~90k before the last person died. We called it a night because wiping on KT 7 times wasn't a good thing.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote