View Single Post
Old 08-5-2019, 04:30 PM   #6
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Default Re: El Paso and Dayton Shootings (SERIOUS TOPIC)

people were talking about this on the discord briefly yesterday.

personally i think everyone should have a gun, for self-defense (or, fuck it, whatever). there's no need for an automatic weapons or any of those things where you can fire a ton of bullets at once. (idk about guns; dunno the terminology.) evidently, the harm greatly outweighs any potential benefits (edit: i said it was only harmful before. someone could /probably/ think of a potential benefit)

obvious restrictions should be on people with either a violent criminal history or people who are seriously mentally ill (i.e. have potential to harm themselves or others). so, i support background checks, but i'm wary of a system where the government can control who could be armed or not, because that historically works against disenfranchised groups.

i'm very against banning firearms in public spaces that don't have adequate protective measures in place. at my old job, no one could carry firearms, but safety against shooters was so bad they were soft telling us we were fucked at training. that's... scary.

edit: @devonin what America also has that Canada and other countries don't is a culture of mass shootings.

@ULTIMEGA if the "shirts" are MAGA shirts, .... well... sorry to be all political on you, but the current political climate rn is fostering the growth of anti-immigrant sentiments. the link between Trump's rhetoric and mass shootings against minorities isn't causal, but the former is a contributing factor to the latter.
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 08-5-2019 at 04:37 PM..
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote