View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #5130
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submissions CLOSED)

Earlier someone mentioned that "no one gets paid for this" is a stupid excuse. That's absolute bullshit because honestly, you can't expect people to perform a job without any encouragement (payment, appreciation or whatever floats your boat and motivates you). It's good that people do volunteer but if there's a lack of encouragement to do the work, it's definitely not the judge's fault, but due to a lack of motivating factors. Why else would you do a job?

That aside, the judging process shouldn't be so secluded. At least, not later on. Discussion is healthy and you don't see top judges for artistic talent (be it singing, dancing, art or whatever you can think of) just going to their secluded little island and make their own opinion. They discuss with each other. Yes judges can be convinced by other judges, but is that a bad thing? Convincing others happens when someone makes a rational and logical argument, and shouldn't be shut off from the others. It's a test of your logic, and if your logic stands you have nothing to worry about. If it doesn't stand, it's a learning moment for that judge, and he or she should revise his opinion.

Also, I'd like to give myself up for judge for the next batch. I think it'd be a good to have some new insights and I'm willing to make some time for judging. I'm not very known for my judging and I've been mostly in the background when it comes to judging (and simfiling in general really), but people who know me and have asked me to judge their work can vouch for my reviews.

Last edited by Nullifidian; 11-28-2012 at 04:48 PM..