View Single Post
Old 05-3-2013, 01:30 AM   #16
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Morals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
Starting from the fact these people are probably deeply insecure, otherwise they wouldn't need anything of the sort, this kind of behaviour is more about being able to conquer, Some people need to be reassured about themselves in this way. Just like many young people smoke because it's a bad "forbidden" thing. Human logic, man. Sadly, when something is perceived as taboo it becomes exponentially more intriguing... if you're too dense to see it for what it really is.
Sadly, you're right. But God forbid I be alive the day the world accepts infidelity as a fully acceptable nature of society. I'd implode...

Quote:
Faith in a relationship is a good starting point, but not everything. SO your relationship can fail even if it's lacking on some other things.

Also, do remember that alternative social structures exist and/or have existed. Think for example of a social group of 10 people, mixed men and women. In this group sexuality and reproduction is promiscuous and they all agree with it. When a woman gives birth to a baby, they all raise as if it was their own. A baby has multiple mothers and fathers as role models. the concept of faith has been dismantled for a broader conception of family. As absurd as it may sound, this is an alternative. Not for everyone, i suppose, but it is. Another example, far less extreme, is to have a couple and agree for a three-way with another person. Or have an open couple and both agree with sexual freedom.
Right, it's not everything. To me, faith is #1 but there are key structures nearly as important that obviously need attention in order to maintain a good relationship. I recognize those and do what I can to satisfy all facets. I do like your examples though, they are really insightful and sound. They are shedding light on the unjustifiable actions. I guess for myself, it's a personal struggle because it's the people I grew up with and thought so highly of them and this problem is really crashing my world view of them. It's just so disheartening.

EDIT: and Spenners arguments are just as valid as far as I understand. I feel infidelity, its roots, its place in society, and its reasons for existing are becoming too commonplace and I'm trying to understand why as a whole.

Last edited by Phynx; 05-3-2013 at 01:33 AM..
Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote