View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 06:54 PM   #5894
Precarious
Unacceptable
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The FFR Trading Card Game

Weekly Challenge (hi19hi19)

I chose to play ten songs by hi19hi19, whose repetitive, even corny username is most certainly not reflected in the sheer variety and creativity of his simfiles. One of the most prolific stepauthors on FFR, Mr. Corn's work is probably best characterized as diverse. This can be understood stylistically, as well as in terms of genre and difficulty. I tried to play a fairly eclectic range of his amaizeing files, ranging from Power (the easiest file on FFR) to the incomprehensible planetary density of You Universe (alas, I'll never be able to unlock Derby, sorry OWA). While stalking from song to song, a kernel of truth emerged: from the slow single notes of Power, to the wrist-wrecking walls of Call Me It. (featuring significantly more than 500 tortures, but they hurt so good), to a basic jack file like Fei Longer, hi19 avoids ossifying himself with a single style (unless that style is cool, fun, and creative). I particularly enjoyed playing GIN TONIC FLAVOR, which was just within my ability level, and thus made for a fun and challenging play. Ultimately, he cobbles together files for everyone and every ability level, and as an occasional lurker among batches beyond my ability, I'm a little disappointed that not all of his Hard Batch fixes were fixed in time, and that the mysterious Fireball keeps getting turned down.

Weekend Challenge

1 Quality Pack, 1 Standard Plus Pack, and 1 Token Pack please!
Precarious is offline   Reply With Quote