View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 09:25 AM   #129
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 2014/15 NHL Playoff Pick'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
How is their regular season achievements going to be "wrong" by any mean?

Besides, in no way did I compare them to the Rangers. It could go either, the Rangers have an answer to just about anything Washington could possibly have, but the opposite is also true.

As far as what I think will happen in the semis, I give a slight edge to Washington, mainly because all of their players are giving it their all, while it isn't the case for NYR. They'll lose some them step up, but too little, too late, Caps in 6, you read it here first.

Unless Holtby is injured, because then it's the end of the road for Washington.
But you're praising the Caps of actually being able to win against the Rangers when I'm all about statistics, regular season and what has been shown in the First Round of the Playoffs.

Rangers have Zuc out which hurts them, but the Caps have a few key players, and Holtby is again being praised for an "amazing" job when yes I'll admit that he's a solid goalie, but you are talking about going against two of the best goalies in the league, Lundqvist and Talbot.

Every single player on NYR is pivotal in their success whereas Washington relies predominantly on a few players, not their whole team. I'm not saying that Rangers will sweep them, as they couldn't even sweep the Penguins when all they had to do was shut Crosby down (Girardi's favorite bitch) and keep Malkin tangled up (but Kunitz stepped in and starting making plays). I hope you aren't forgetting that Rangers have the best defense overall except their literal mirror image over at Detroit.

It'll be a fun series, but Rangers are winning indefinitely. Regardless of how many games it takes.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote