View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 02:39 AM   #1058
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
I dig the voice change, but I'm extremely disappointed in the name removal and de-derping. One step forward, two steps back.

I'm also kinda pissed that a number of people are sending animators threatening and inflammatory messages. Really, guys? Way to stick to the 'love and tolerance' theme, you tits. I suppose this is just what happens when a group of people centered on a common element gets this large. Factions splinter off, bad apples become more and more apparent, etc. It still sucks, and it's contributing to my increasing lack of patience with bronies as a group.
I also find myself getting frustrated and annoyed with bronies in general nowadays. The community has so many different subgroups that have very different opinions on things, and imo it's ruining the good vibes I used to get from this fandom. Honestly, I find myself wanting to be less associated with bronies in general than I did a while ago. The disagreements/conflicts that happen are just ridiculous sometimes. It kind of reminds me of the rhythm gaming community (FFR, TS etc.) in that people are reluctant to work with other groups (I'm guilty of this too though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiZ53 View Post
So whats this pony stuff all about anyways? My gay brother is a huge fan of the show, but ive never seen it for myself. Has anyone seen my gay brother?
This is a good starting point: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcul...dship-is-magic

Also if you're interested you should start watching the show, just search up my little pony: friendship is magic on youtube, find an episode and start watching it. I would recommend "Bridle Gossip" as a starting episode but it doesn't really matter that much.

Last edited by megamon88; 02-26-2012 at 02:43 AM..
megamon88 is offline   Reply With Quote