View Single Post
Old 08-2-2016, 03:53 PM   #13
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Predict: How long until 100 D7 players?

Yeah 100+ 'D7' 4k players already exist, they're just not recognized on FFR's leaderboards due to either not having played this particular 4k game or not having played enough FFR for the leaderboards to accurately reflect their skill level.

The current requirement for hitting D7 on the leaderboards is quite low...not to an incredibly significant degree of error but many would agree it's definitely lower than it should be given that some players recognized as D7 on the leaderboards are not placed D7 in an official tournament. If the threshold remains consistent, I could see 100+ within a few years. If it's shifted to where it should be (or tightened beyond that point?), much longer than that.

Given the level players are currently recognized for reaching D7 on the leaderboards, if the threshold isn't moved up, I seriously think recognizing D8 on FFR should be considered. And especially now with the number of very hard files being added. Would provide incentive to mid-high D7 players that have lost interest in the game to come back and see how far they could optimize their stats in an effort to reach that point. Mind you it's probably next to impossible playing FFR alone, but with the influx of harder files, who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote