View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 03:56 AM   #11
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: I’m 18 biologically, but I feel like I’m about 14 mentally…

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I mean, I do have the last 3 traits you describe. I’ve demonstrated self-awareness, especially when it comes to apologizing and admitting my faults, granted, I’m not perfect, but it’s still there.

Honestly, I don’t want to see a therapist. Because the moment I do, I’ll be a boring person just like everyone else. It’s a part of my personality, and without it, I wouldn’t be the same, nor would I be as entertaining.

I will; however, see a therapist for anxiety and dysphoria related issues, but not for them to indoctrinate me and destroy my individuality.

I understand your concern, but you do realize that therapy could have vast and irreversible consequences to my personality. In other words, the QueenAshy that people love is gone forever, and I’ll just be another random on these forums who will be forgotten in 3 or so years…

Honestly, it’s not something that prevents me from living day to day life, so, in all honesty, I don’t think it NEEDS to be treated as much as my dysphoria and anxiety NEED to be treated. It’s more just a quirk of my personality if anything…

Edit; I also should bring up that I went through consistent therapy from 2014-2017, and it didn’t help too much. No joke,I even still know the therapist’s name. So, if that sort of therapy where I spend 2 hours a week talking to someone won’t help, I don’t think much will
You have all the symptoms of what I would call being an angsty teenager who thinks that they’re so special individually that seeing a professional to try to help with very real mental health issues would “destroy who they are”. You sound like I did when I was 16 and boy are you in for a rough future if you don’t grow up quickly.