View Single Post
Old 10-1-2017, 06:50 PM   #247
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: Turbo XIX: When Xiz Gets Flipped - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arielbananate7 View Post
Good question. I am not sure. His comment that my thoughts were not bad was kind of out of nowhere.
little bit of backstory is required here.

I think ToS is incredibly dumb. I've played it and hated it. But I can forgive it; for it is simply not my cup of tea more than anything else. (the day phases being as short as they are is like... abysmal for how I like to play limited information games. I'd rather play Indian Poker than ToS any day, and that's a game for children.)

But like I said, I can forgive ToS for its shortcomings. What I cannot forgive about the game is its absolutely, unbelievably stupid playerbase. Like... ToS is a magnet for stupid people on the internet. I've joked before that its where forum players go to die. I've seen people vig shoot mayors. I've seen cops die on n6 and have blank wills. I feel like I've seen it all.

I understand that in the higher ranks, there are decent players. I know that if you play the game with nothing but your friends, you will probably honestly have a good time.

But playing with randoms is cancer imo, and I never use that word like that.

People who come from ToS, I would expect not to really be able to integrate well into forum. I would expect them to flame out after 2 hours once they realize the actual gravity behind phases being longer than 60 seconds. I would expect them to only kill people based on mechanical information, and have literally zero reads making skills. I would expect them to think that the setup is wolf-favored because of the existence of vanilla town roles.

But you appear to be none of that. There is some ToS-y stuff like susing the quiet players, but that's one of the skills that ******somewhat******* transfers over to forum. However, making the read that Xel and I could be mafia because we weren't talking to one another; that's like

actually a decent read for someone from ToS.

Its true in forum that scum buddies are usually bad at holding communications with one another, especially in forum. I know that its one of the flaws of my wolfgame, but that's beside the point.

That's why I said what I did. Its not a read I expected from someone for ToS. Its... something worth looking for in forum.

Normally I wouldn't say something like this, but I do want to add that I don't mean to insult you if you like ToS. You seem like a smart enough person from what little I've seen, and even if you didn't, I wouldn't group someone into a bunch like the average ToS player without something further. In short, I don't mean this as an insult to something you clearly like.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.