Old 10-2-2014, 12:16 PM   #37
gameboy42690
=/
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 10th Official FFR Tournament - Round 1 Songs

Snacky Happiness gettin' lots of love <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
D4 - gameboy you have been becoming my favorite stepartist i think recently. only solidifies my opinion (A+ song choice)
I think you deserve some credit here as well, your judge notes for this file really helped me out when I went back to make fixes.

Still playing the rest of the tournament songs, I'll have comments on those too (so far they're all really good IMO).

EDIT: Finished playing everything.

Rainbow Road: NOT RAINBOWY ENOUGH 0/10

Okay in all seriousness though. At first I was pretty torn about Halogen stepping the full song instead of cutting it, but after playing it I really don't mind not being cut at all. It's really just that good of a song and that great of a file for its intended difficulty level. This is the kind of thing I'd like to see more people try to step in FFR; easy files for energetic and upbeat songs, not just easy files for slow piano songs. (Not that there's much wrong with the latter, but it gets really old after a while.) Favorite file this round.

Polargeist: I swear this song title sounds like a Pokemon name.

Pretty chill file (no pun intended). Not overcomplicating the steps here was a good choice. A harder file for this just wouldn't feel right. I could definitely see myself playing this a lot if I was around D1/D2 (although I'd be playing Rainbow Road a lot more).

Session (Ghost in the Machine Remix): Interesting remix of Session, I guess.

This one was just okay. The steps were good considering what you had to work with but I think song choice really hurt here. Not one of my favorites, sorry.

Truth (xKore Remix): RAZOR AND XIZ JOIN FORCES. FINALLY. Can't wait to see what drumstep simfile goodness they created together.

Aaaaaand I'm slightly disappointed. Slightly. It's really good but I had unreasonably high expectations (Razor and Xiz are great at stepping dubstep & similar genres). Definitely would play again though. Pretty much tied with Lexus Cyanixs for second favorite this week.

Lexus Cyanixs: Wow. Bursty little file you've got going on here, cornman. Fun file as usual from you. There's some trolly parts here and there but I think that actually adds to the fun factor in this case.

Pandemonium: Hi19 has finally fused together with bmah to create the ultimate in cornyness and bmahness.

All around it's a pretty good file, just those bmah bursts... which is funny seeing as bmah had no part in this file at all. Makes me think bmah and hi19 have been spending way too much time together lately.

Last edited by gameboy42690; 10-2-2014 at 01:02 PM..
gameboy42690 is offline   Reply With Quote