View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #8
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Default Re: "LUNIA starts Grand Open Beta on July 31st"

Hmm, it's difficult to describe it better than the picture. It is, as the picture says, an action arcade RPG. You start off in town, and you click a button to teleport to the stage of your liking. The way the stages are setup is kinda like Super Mario Bros., where you see all of the stages on the map and progress and you go. But when you get to the map, you are put into real-time battle with monsters. You whack them, cast spells on them, etc. until they die(which doesn't take long). It will find a party for you with people who are on the same stage as you, or it will allow you to make one of your own.

Basically, you progress in the game and level while finding items and learning new spells. The spells and items are pretty cool and stuff. You get skill points but not attribute points I don't think, to put into skills as you level. Every once in a while there's a level where you can't put anything useful in, so you may end up saving up.

The bosses are really fun to fight. Every boss I've run into has dropped "boss sets", and every person who participated in the boss fight gets a piece of it as soon as the boss dies.

It's kinda like Maplestory, except a whole lot more variety, less training at the same monster, quicker killing, a little more fast-paced, etc. Since it is real-time fighting, you can combo things into spells, juggle enemies, etc. Most non-boss enemies can be juggled.

It is hard to explain how fun it is without playing it, but the variety of the stages is great and makes it really enjoyable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SithCait22 View Post
The download is up, slow at times though...
The site's probably filled with people trying to download right now. I'm gonna wait to download it overnight because it'll probably be faster that way.